1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I picked up the PS4 remastered version of Devil May Cry and Assassins Creed: Black Flag for 20 quid. I loved the DMC gameplay growing up and I've never played any AC games beyond the first one so I'm quite looking forward to getting stuck in to some good old demon bashing and general piratey goodness.

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

**** all. I've recently moved back to England and my PC is still in Denmark. Not that I have been playing much apart from CS:GO and D3 for a long time now. And not much of either of those!

Teelzebub likes this.
  3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

The Talos Principle - Frustrating but rewarding. Down to the last handful of puzzles, and its not necessarily relaxing the play!

4. asura

asura jack of all trades

Never Winter Nights - thank you GOG

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Tried Pillars of Eternity yet? A must have if that's your bag.

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Booted up MGS V: Phantom Pain last night to give it a bit of a test run.

The opening sequence in the hospital and the whole escape was a little bit overly hand-holding and felt more of an interactive cutscene, but it was interesting enough to go through. Though I would have much preferred the prologue to be a good 20 minute opening movie as there was zilch to do until the very end of it.
    The parts involving the man on fire (likely to be the return of Volgin in a new form) seemed a bit dull, I didn't feel in danger from him for a single moment of the prologue... I'm curious to see if you can do the bit where you ride away on the horse without shooting him.

I played up to the first glimpse of the open world and then left it there to continue with a proper session as I want to have as much free time to explore as possible.
    They could have done with showing some mini clips of Big Boss adjusting to his new body while they were showing the ship's transport route as well, even a little box camera in the corner of him training would have been nice. A simple map with a boat icon being moved across from one location to another seemed a bit lazy for a game of this scale...

Quite impressed with how smoothly it ran on my 670 2GB with all the settings on high/very high. I'm expecting performance to drop a little bit when I start exploring the huge open world, but overall they've done a decent job with how the game's running on not overly powerful hardware. Loading times can be a little long, even on an SSD but I can live with that.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

When you have done with that get the DLC The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna and really be frustrated as there are some devious and complex puzzles in this DLC.

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

X Rebirth. The 3.60 patch just dropped. Also new DLC announced.

Basically methadone for Star Citizen.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Mad Max What can I say? A tiny bit in and the controls are shocking particularly when controlling the vehicle.

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

assetto corsa, full on, vr, spa track, grunting pushing hard-core, takes days to ready for it, having to actually drive like a pro driver, my body is drenched in sweat in event, admit to being a dark rider pushing other drivers off the road but its fun oh boy its fun, I am not a great driver but I know a thing a too I guess, vehicle mass, movement, I want to blaze the f80 as an available option but its going to take years still.

god bless vr and race simulation

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Having a bit of an RTS revival splurge at the moment Picked up the Company of Heroes 2 'British Forces' DLC and also bought Eugen Software's Act of Aggression.

Company of Heroes 2- I hated it on launch, it was a buggy mess that ran badly and not the quality at launch of the original COH. It is also riddled with over priced DLC skins and other features (like that horrible sales interface of a main menu) that don't add positively to the game.
    However, despite all that, the core game itself has improved massively with balance and bug fixes and now contains great variety of Maps and now Factions, with the OKW, Americans & now British added to compliment the Russian and Wehrmacht factions.
    The British faction itself seems to have learned a few lessons from it's COH 1 opposing forces implementation in that there is plenty of offensive options, not just a 'defensive city creep'. This is handled by a 'Hammer & Anvil' approach to upgrades. The unit responses and music are excellent and relic always did have a knack for adding character to the units in their RTS games.

Act of Aggression - i'd have to call this a cross between Act of War: Direct Action and Command & Conquer: Generals. If those two games had a child, this would be it!
    I have tried 5 skirmishes and two campaign missions so can only really give me initial impressions, which are that it has nice variety, large maps (a good thing imo) and a nice retro feel (base building for example) while adding the escalation and pace of C&C Generals.
    I have to say, initially the game feels confusing and the AI are pretty brutal if you can't or don't keep pace with them. It also seems a bit buggy with unit pathing sometimes.
    Now I am starting to get better at it though, i'm starting to enjoy it. I thought the US Army would be my faction of choice but I actually like the PMC inspired 'Cartel'.

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

still on Witcher 3 but playing around with visual mods and stuff like that.

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Mass Effect 2. X Rebirth is very average, even with the patches.

14. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Red Faction - Guerilla

Loving it. Carnage and rebellion, what's not to love? Perhaps may turn out to be a bit shallow, will have to wait and see, I'm only on the second sector of 6 I think, but it's terrific fun.

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

OMG - consecutive posts! I am buying way too many games!

Watch_Dogs - Wii U

In the same way the Wii U seemed to experience some sort of sabotage campaign against it in the media and the ignorant section of the gaming community, I feel Watch_Dogs has suffered the same fate.

So I've only played 5 hours, but I think it's fantastic. Definitely different enough from GTA (and in some ways I'm beginning to think better, though I've not played GTA5 yet) and it just has a bit more realism about it. I love that it's based in a real city (Chicago - with loads of locations marked on the map that, when you visit, you can get a snippet of history about it). And it's a bit more RPG-like than GTA, as there's skills to unlock, split into driving, combat, hacking etc. categories. In comparison I find GTA gets a bit samey too early.

Whereas I find GTA quite over-the-top in its cartoon/caricaturisation of characters, WD is a bit grittier and feels more like I'm playing a slick action movie (GTA is more of a comedy). WD story is definitely better than GTA4 story.

I'm not seeing any of that relationship-management crap that you get in GTA4 either.

And I'm not regretting getting it for my Wii U at all - it looks great and plays great, and being able to have the TV on and play this sort of open-world game via the gamepad screen simultaneously is bliss. The only point against it at all at the moment for me is that mission loading does take a little longer than desired, which can get slightly annoying when you keep failing the same mission and it has to load it again, but I'm really not gonna hold it against it. Great game.

If you like your GTA style games, Watch_Dogs gets a firm recommendation from me right now.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Battlefield 4. Played it so much this week I painted my face blue and I'm now living in the woods.

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Still War Thunder

I got my third German jet and decided to go back and spade all the tier 1 German aircraft, which includes the Italians.

Flying Italians will make you a better pilot...or uninstall in rage :worried:

18. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Mostly Mad Max :D

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Cracking little game isn't it, I keep switching between playing that at MGS V Phantom Pain at the moment.

20. creative

creative 500rwhp

Still on Witcher 3 but just installed MGS5...Personally I have only liked the first MGS and found the rest to be poor so we will see how we go with this version.