1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

League of Legends and the usual random selection of browser games I have on the go.

2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Ylands early access.

Much optimisation to be done, but what a frustratingly brilliant game, with so much potential.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Prey (2017)

Really enjoying this so far. One of those games that the less you know about it before playing, the better it is.

EDIT: The more I play, the more impressed I am. The design of the station is fantastic and on the harder difficulty modes, the enemies really are nasty and actively have me looking for ways to avoid them. Indeed, I've run into an optional mission and I've currently no idea how I'm going to take the enemies down without some serious upgrades.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
  4. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Super putty and stern pinball on my switch

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Fallout 4: Sim Fallout and the Quest for any Story

Played for around 10-15 hours. Really uninteresting so far, especially compared to New Vegas. They are shoving the tedious settlement and weapon crafting system down the players throat pretty hard. I have found the Brotherhood so far, but all they are offering are boring fetch quests. I gave up on the Minutemen quests because gathering junk is too tedious and I don't care enough to cheat for resources. Where are the interesting NPCs Bethesda?

6. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Spellforce 3... hard hard HARD! - soo many hours going into it, but worth it if you have the spare time. Simply gorgeous to look at and runs butter smooth.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Fallout 4 after having to faff about getting it to play nice on a 34 inch widescreen monitor.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Far Cry Blood Dragon, retro fun Cheesecake

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been playing a fair bit of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, quite enjoy duelling with the generals but leaving them alive to make them strong and then trying to take them down once they become invulnerable to most types of damage.

Also started Darksiders 2 on the PS4 as it was one of the free PS+ games and I've never played it (or the first game) before... I'm not overly enthralled by it at the moment but I'll give it a chance and continue playing for a bit more of the story to see how it goes.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Fallout 4 is a game I love and hate in equal measure, I hate all the crafting, I hate the myriad of weapons I have acquired and then not knowing what to keep. I loathe the Perk system as I really do not have a clue and there seems to be an inordinate amount of choices. What is the point of Power Armour?
    I love the detail of the buildings etc it really is a beautiful game even though it is not quite right on my 34" Ultrawide. It is the first game I have started to play before I would normally which is in the afternoon after all chores are completed. At the moment I am faffing around doing quests outwith the storyline but these are getting repetitive now so will probably go back to the main story.

11. Aterius Gmork

Do yourself a favor and play through the main story until a major faction shows up - you will know when you see it. The other story lines are locked up to that point. Otherwise you'll waste your time doing countless "radiant" fetch quests for the settlers.

Power armour offers protection, immunity to fall damage and other perks depending on the installed upgrades. It's certainly a matter of personal preference.

Don't stress too much about perks if you are not playing on very hard or survival. I have taken lockpicking, hacking, lone survivour(?) and local leader for roleplaying reasons, all other points went into stealth and rifle perks.

I agree with you on all other points: I hate the soullessness of the game but still cannot stop playing. I still hate the crafting and settlement system with a passion. It's sooooo~ tedious. Come on, let's chase the kidnapper of my kid - oh wait, got to grab those tin cans.

If you are modding the game try out Sim Settlements. It takes away some of the tediousness of the settlements. Or just shoot every settler on sight. ;)

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Think i might have joined the Brotherhood but a lot of their quests are repetitive.

Takes me all my time figuring out what or how to upgrade the weapons i have without starting on the armour. In my last playthough once I had a house in Diamond City I stored all the Power Armours I found just to see how many I would get, I think I got bored at 14.

Takes me all my time figuring out what or how to upgrade the weapons i have without starting on the armour. In my last playthough once I had a house in Diamond City I stored all the Power Armours I found just to see how many I would get, I think I got bored at 14.

Tell me about it, lol.

Will have a look at that mod, thanks.

13. Aterius Gmork

The cleansing, protecting and tech retrieving missions are not real missions but automatic "radiant quests" auto generated to bolster play time. The Brotherhood hasn't shown up yet proper at the start of the game. You'll notice them when they show up.

Sim Settlements is really nice: It has a holotape that you find in Concord during the very first mission when you join the minutemen. Playing the holotape will set up the mod for you. By answering about three questions with "I don't care, you do that for me" you set up the mod to basically manage the settlements for you. You set up plots for food, houses or commerce and the settlers build the buildings for you, basically no micro management involved. It's pretty neat.

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

To be absolutely honest with you once I had done the stuff in the first settlement purely to get the XP, water beds food etc I really cannot be arsed with them as they seem incapable of doing anything for themselves and I am there to kill things and not play mum. So I will give this mod a miss and leave them to it. Cheers.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still Fallout 4 but running with Start Me Up mod so I'm not pestered by the main story until I'm ready and have just kept myself to the one settlement. Finally gone badass and just playing the Nuka World out fully.

I want to stop, I have Witcher 3 and Elite to start ffs! I just know I'll lose myself in those too and no doubt head back to a modded Skyrim.... Help me!

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Let Divinity Original Sin 2 consume you.

Or did you mean help of the non life consuming way?:hehe:

17. adidan

I need no other options, please no... :lol:

18. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Hotline Miami 2
    Current opinion: not half as fun as Hotline Miami 1.

The overall level design seems a lot less tight. I've played a couple of levels that were really just rooms filled with a ton of bad guys seemingly placed at random.
    Some of the levels highly encourage using guns (even throwing in enemies that are seemingly invincible against melee weapons, at one point making me have to restart the level because I was playing with a "fists only" character), while high-paced, frantic but flowing melee fights are the best thing in Hotline Miami.
    IMO some very dumb decisions were made for the sake of providing something different. For some of the levels you have to use a character with a fixed set of weapons: a gun and a (crappy) knife. You can't throw those or pick up any other weapons like usual and can only reload your ammo at certain ammo crates. So if you're faced with a room full of guys with guns, are out of ammo and there's no ammo crate: you're ****ed. The only solution is to use peek-a-boo cheezing tactics to lure them out one at a time, which ruins the flow of the game and is simply not fun. It takes out all flexibility from the game and reduces it to some regular top-down shooter.

I'm not sure I'm going to continue playing TBH. Finishing some levels just feels like a slog, not an achievement. If I'm not having fun, I'd rather do something else with my time.

19. adidan

A couple of days off may just have done the trick to ween me off FO4 and I think I'll shift onto Witcher 3.

I know, 2015, but I now have a setup that will run it better than I could at the time (1080 v a 570. That was a gtx 570 not an rx :))

That or Elite. Hm.

20. Aterius Gmork

Witcher 3. It's still the best RPG I have played, ever.

adidan and Pliqu3011 like this.