1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony BMG caught with pirated software

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Apr 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Quick someone Sue!

3. thermalnightmare47

thermalnightmare47 What's a Dremel?

lol i was really kinda expecting this considering the effort they've put into the whole "protect the artists doctrine" something bad was bound to happen to them

4. matee

matee What's a Dremel?

"Published: 1st April 2008"

5. Trekari

Trekari What's a Dremel?

Except that making a 'joke' of this nature would fall under libel. Last I checked, bit-tech doesn't go around asking for reasons to be sued.

6. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

I read this yesterday elsewhere, I don't think it's April Fool's. But anywaze, it doesn't matter - Sony have plenty of ££ to pay for a couple license descrepencies. They couldn't care less. It's only when the average joe who can't afford to pay a fee of £5000 for a development tool license gets caught and is then made to look like a kiddie fiddler in terms of guilt, and is then asked to pay £20k in damages!

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

was on the web yesterday allready.

funny nontheless...

it guy at sony pirates expensive software, it guy at sony doesnt have a clue how to use it and calls the support for his pirated software... (and yes, it definitly was an it guy (so should have known better) because in every bigger company only the it department has access to the equipment and the admin rights needed to even pirate softare).

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

April fools or not.... LMFAO!!! :D

9. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

ha! Owned! :D take your rootkits and shove it, Sony

10. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I think it pretty much goes to show that piracy is part of the existence of software and channels that make distribution easy.
    Piracy must be fought to some extent but at the same time it must be accepted to some extent.
    What's going on around the world right now with cutting people off from pretty much all communications with the world because they or someone in their house has downloaded some music or software is tipping the scale the wrong way.

Cutting off someones internet connection equals to taking away their right to use the postal system, telephone system, banking, home office, etc.

I don't feel sad for Sony in this matter as it has Nemesis written all over it but it still doesn't change the fact that no one can have a house "completely in order".

11. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Wow... that is really dumb. A company as big is that should know better.

Tags: Add Tags