1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The Freelancer would be in the same boat as the conny i'd imagine, in that the freedom to move about makes it more complicated and that's what they're working on for v2.0. The smaller multi's i mean are like the Super Hornet, or the Xi'an Scout, where they're not really any different to a single-seater, you've just got someone with you who cant control the ships movement.

I think what its likely to be is:
    1) existing AC ship's variants (LX, 315, ghost etc) and Avenger, Gladius, Mustang types.
    2) S.Hornet & Scout type multi's
    3) Freelancer, Cutlass & Constellation
    4) variants for #3 ships, and maybe Retaliator etc.

They'd come in in drips, not necessarily all of #1 together, then all of #2. But i think we'll see the Super Hornet before we see the Freelancer or Conny in AC, simply due to the few extra complexities to overcome.

- edit -
    It was confirmed in reverse the verse (the aftershow webcast following ATV) yesterday, i knew i'd not made it up, but i didnt realise it was only yesterday i'd seen it said (might have been said before too).

Stolen from Star Citizen Base.

I've highlighted a couple of interesting bits of info in there, most self explanatory, but the Mustang ive highlighted because that would seem to imply the price of the racing variant is similar to the cost of a 300i ($55, or $65+$5 based on the AMD thing being full game, beta and AC pass) which is a lot better than i was expecting, i bought an 'Never Settle' key-code for $45 (iirc) and letting a mate have the Aliens code for a tenner, so roughly $30 for the SC code, and i got Sniper Elite 3 which i'd been waiting for a steam sale to pick it up (next summer, at best).

Last edited: 3 Oct 2014
  2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I wish they made Freelancer single seater.. or something similar. Larger cargo single crew ship.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

RSI Funding goals page has changed to reveal the $56million stretch goal:-

Pledge Count currently reads $55,691,182 and Citizens = 609,205

4. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Edited my earlier post to add in the source for small multi-seaters, and some extra info from RTV.
    I think i might copy that over from SCB for here, cos theres usually some useful info in there.

5. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The last 2 items both have that same line at the end
    "This Arena Commander upgrade will be given to all players who pledged before we reached the xxM goal."

So does this mean they're strictly AC unlocks, something to dabble with, or are they going to be physical (virtual physical) items we'll be able to carry into the PU like earlier unlocks, but these will also be usable in the AC module as soon as they can implement them?
    I havent seen anything mentioned to say for certain, but the quote does seem like they're 'virtual virtual' items for AC play only.

The same could perhaps be said of the comment in RTV i highlighted a few posts up, saying UEC will be earnable in AC. Is that unlocking AC items only, or will my player account have UEC added. I dont know for either.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They might yet. The current poll is only for the first wave 3 ship.
    Suggest it to them, maybe as a cargo variant of the Redeemer (TNGS ship).:thumb:

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

No idea. I note that the $55million "Ballistic Gatlings" is phrased the same way. It may be simply that this goal was not typed up by the usual person.

Maybe they'll follow Elite: Dangerous? Bring in the trading mechanic so we can test it, and at the end do a reset for PU?

Might be worth asking on the "Ask a Dev" forum, as there's no AtV/RtV next week.

8. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The intention is to whittle down these ships till theres 5 left, and they'll be the wave 4 ships.

That said, im sure there will be a wave 5, 6 etc as i'd imagine they'll involve the community in the process for years to come, even if they state wave 5+ will be post-PU launch.

But im not sure theres really a need for a single-seater freelancer type of ship. It'll have pilot controlled weapons, but it also has the turret for a 2nd player, and adding an NPC eliminates the issue of not having someone to man it or wanting to play on your own. I dont think they'd sell something like that which has fewer defensive/offensive options, as most people are after as much firepower as they can get, and will use NPC's to make up the numbers if need be.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

:duh: I forgot to solve for aardvark!

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I haven't played AC for many month now - what are the playable ships at the moment?
    Still 300i and hornet?

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Aurora & M50 are in too.

12. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Aurora
    300i
    350R
    Hornet
    M50

Any version of the hornet you own will get you the military hornet in AC, 300 series will get you the stock 300i unless you have the 350R
    My cutlass gives me the 300i trainer.

Looking forward to some bigger ships been usable like the cutlass and avenger. The map is due to increase in size too which may help ships like the ghost if they bring them playable. Hide from everyone's sensors and kill without been found :)

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

tomorrow delivery 3x Asus VN279QLB 27" LED, 1x T500 RS.

Looking forward to star citizen on triple screen.

Edit: Was thinking about star citizen and rift support and they are total right to be doing it the way they are rift support should be worked on way way later on once things settle down, chris could even say I want the CV1 to be out for one year before he will even touch the technology, or a large user base?

14. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

A little upgrade, :jawdrop:, and I am now getting 30 - 60 FPS @ 2560x1440 and Highest detail. :thumb: :D

2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Hydro Copper Signature in SLI. :baby:

15. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Theres a new patch out tonight too, dont think its anything major (i glanced at the info, thats all), and the Sept report is up too. It really feels like there could be a lot on show this month, with the CitizenCon next week (10/10) for the anniversary, and it feels like theres going to be something impressive, perhaps the first early snippet of PU, like a full docking sequence from space to climbing out to walk around Arc Corp, perhaps. Thats simply based on the little bits of info they've mentioned, without anything specific. We've seen early planetside, so thats nothing new. They cant possibly have much PU related, but they'll unveil (show) something for the PU, and they've got something from Arc Corp on show here... so trying to put 2&2 together.

Im happy with the 2 bits of info about the Starfarer though, greyboxing the interior, and its getting 2 rear underbelly turrets, something it was previously very exposed by lack of coverage.

FPS unveiling at PAX Aus on the 30th (iirc, maybe 29th) should make this a really strong & exciting month for backers.

Anyone else fancy a punt at what we might see (@PAX & CitCon)?

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just read the writeup and noticed something I didn't expect:-

:jawdrop::eeek::blush:

17. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]

driver just left some boxes :thumb:

hope to put it together this morning then post a few pix of what it looks like in star citizen.

I need a bigger hut.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Still can't really control my ship too well, think it must be the dead zone or something. Aiming is impossible.

19. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Co-Op Vanduul Swarm. :thumb:

[​IMG]

60FPS and both cards not taxed to 100% and sitting at a cool(ish) 48°C. :cooldude:

20. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

rainbowbridge, the amount of disposable income you possess frightens me!