1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Star Wars: Squadrons

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by VipersGratitude, 15 Jun 2020.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I'd like if it ended up being good. But EA, so expectations are low and not a penny before launch.

Vault-Tec and VipersGratitude like this.
  3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Star Wars game with focus on flying? Gimme gimme gimme oh wait it's EA, well there goes the excitement.

4. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

I've been out of the gaming scene for a while now (apart from the switch) and just starting to get back into it, I remember EA being a bit of a shady and biased company but they made some highly polished games, are they really that bad now? because everyone seems to hate them

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The impression I got was 5v5 space battles aka fractured space. I was hoping more for Rogue Squadron.

From memory, though could be wrong -

BF3 being buggy at launch plus needing a browser to run the game,
    BF4 the same (and suffered the same bugs for me),
    Battlefront 1 people weren't happy with,
    Battlefront 2 surprise mechanics aka lootboxes,
    Mass effect Andromeda bit meh and buggy,
    Anthem boring and buggy (IIRC).

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They've been dodgy for a long time...

1: There is the problem that they bought up a lot of developers over the last 20 or so years (and then did almost nothing with the game franchises they acquired. 563543534 Fifa, Sims and Need for Speed games just ain't enough variety).

2: The issue of how franchises have become exploitative dumpster fires, for example the Sims has had more and more content cut with each iteration (with that content coming back as DLC of course).

3: The quality downgrades: Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Battlefield all have gone downhill with sequels rather than improving on what worked before.

4: And of course there is the atrocity of the two modern Star Wars Battlefront games, the first one launched with an amount of content that was more appropriate for a demo (and a skill ceiling so low a flea would stub its toes on it which is the worst thing you can do in a multiplayer shooter) followed by the second one that was so bad with its in game gambling and greed that even politicians took note.

(and those are just some of the more famous screw ups)

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Fallen Jedi as EA's last Star Wars game, I thought it was superb.

So I'm looking forward to this one, it'll have VR support as well!

8. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

EA smashed it with the Command & Conquer remaster according to the interwebs, so I’m holding out hope

9. VipersGratitude

10. oscy

oscy Modder

Surprisingly cheap. £30 on console, even £34 on Origin where prices are usually insane.

Disappointed it's only 5 v 5 online, but I don't play online really so it's all about the single-player. I usually get 2 kills and 15 deaths in multiplayer games, but for some reason in Battlefront 2015 in the ship battles I could get 50 kills and 0 deaths, so that would've been nice.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Negative: It's a Star Wars game where you don't get to blow up the Death Star.

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

VR with HOTAS? - Yep I'm sold!

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Rogue Squadron 2 lets you blow up 2 Death Stars, no other game needs to bother.

edzieba likes this.
  14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

this looks great but i cant justify it at full price because i know the Mp will suck with 5v5. what a disappointment. Im sure the SP will be decent tho.

15. nishfenton

nishfenton What's a Dremel?

How can you be both excited and also not at the same time?

16. VipersGratitude

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

5v5 + AI is fine for MP! Will make it much more tactical instead of just 100 person battles where you don't have a clue where or how you got killed. I'm in!

18. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Worth a Buy has his say. Lol.

19. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Just played an hour of this in VR with a HOTAS. Speechless. I have exceptionally fond memories of playing Rogue Squadron II on the Gamecube about 20 years ago and this has just blown me away. I still need to remap some buttons but I can't wait to get back into it. As for 'Worth a Buy' he sounds like the bloke down the pub who like to have a moan about everything for no reason - for me this game is simply childish fun and is even better in VR imo.

wyx087 likes this.
  20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Actually, if you watch some of his other videos, he is the opposite of that.
    He is certainly not a fan boy shill that accepts free games to leave positive reviews and this is his full time job.
    He works incredibly hard and puts out hilarious content and is the only reviewer who is not scared to call out injustices and con jobs like micro transactions and games lacking in any substance.
    Watch some of his other reviews, he is always balanced in his views and never rushes reviews out, preferring to put lots of hours in before releasing a review, usually at the cost of thousands of views.