1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SteelSeries gaming kit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 Sep 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Finally, a keyboard capable of withstanding the wrath of MDK! :hehe:

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Glad someone agrees about the Steelpad, I love mine to bits. :)

4. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

I've been using the 2mm Steel pad for a few months now (came free with a mouse) and is brilliant, just enough friction on the surface to give you good control

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

i want one, but my desk is so friggin tiny i have to use a peice of A4 with the top cut off.

6. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Sweet, just about to put an order in for the Steelpad mini... it's hardly mini though at 21cmx25cm!! Why are mouse mats so big these days!

Anyway, I love this quote from their site:
    "The highly durable plastic gives a consistent experience which gets better over time."
    I'd like to see how it gives a consistent experience and one that gets better over time! Somewhat contradictory I feel!!

*edit*
    Your order: EUR 6.95
    Shipping & Handling EUR 8.45

grrr!! I think I'll place my order on hold for now, not sure I want to pay more for postage than the item is worth!! :grr:

Last edited: 12 Sep 2006
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The heavy isnt a mouse mat, it's a training mat people use in martial arts.

8. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Any reason why there are no prices for the mouse mats in the review. Im lazy and can't be bothered searching their site

9. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Has anyone tried the Zalman Theater 6 headphones? I have found them to be the most usefull headphones for CS as it provides surround sound, a bit bulky though.
    That keyboard can also be dual purpose, both gaming keyboard and vandel resistant.

10. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Some of the products haven't officially been released but there are prices in the review, usually in euros (thats the prices on the site).

11. NeMoD

NeMoD What's a Dremel?

maybe the gaming glove wouldn't of been so uncomfortable if you wore it right :p
    [​IMG]

12. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

That is how I wore it :)

It's the bit between the little finger and your middle finger that is most uncomfrtable. It just doesn't sit right at all!

Perhaps a velvet glove would have been better? Or silk? :)

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

really? the pic in the review shows you putting your index finger through the thumb part...

Last edited: 12 Sep 2006
  14. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Ah I see that is misleading! Wil took all of our shots and that is his lovely hand modelling the glove! I actually used the glove and reviewed it, and I wore it based on how it was demonstrated on the site.

15. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Good review. Glad this came up. Im in the market for a new mousepad. Problem is the ratpadz I have now wears down too fast and is too wide for my keyboard drawr. Anyone know where I can get a quality mouse pad in the US smaller then a ratpadz?

16. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Garside (or whoever reviewed the cloth mat) - have you tried the everglide titan before? The two look similar so I'm wondering if the feel/performance is also similar

17. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Are there any cheaper decent headphones simmilar to the ones Steel offers? Built in mic and all.

18. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Looks like a great set of products, especially the keyboard, its minimal, and stylish as well as looking the part... But the rest of it is top-notch too, I have to get one of those gaming gloves, pointless but cool...

19. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

DarkReaper - I have to say I haven't my experience with cloth mats is fairly limited as in Europe nearly all gamers use hard surfaces. I will certainly try and and have a look at the Everglide though. Thanks for mentioning it.

20. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I've tried one of those gloves on before, and it wasn't too uncomfortable for me. It did do a good job of letting your wrist slide over the pad, but overall, it just got annoying after a while.

Tags: Add Tags