1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

I usually don't actually laugh in real life when reading forums but I must say this thread really has made me chuckle! Good job Bit-tech, this thread is epic. LOL

2. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

When I worked as a camp counselor in the US, on a night off I got completley hammered and bet someone i could cross a river (there was one behind the bar) i got all the way across without getting wet. I then proceeded to trip over and fall in, ruined my mobile and wallet :(

A few weeks after that I climbed up a 25m climbing wall at night without a rope, seemed macho at the bottom... There is a video of me somewhere and im so s**t scared you can just hear me talking to myself in the third person "Tom is not sure this was a good idea...."

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's not very hard, it happens regularly and there's 25 thousand to choose from.

4. remixme

remixme Own a Dremel, but not used it yet!

Accidentally clicking your mouses back button as you go to submit your slightly long but embarrassing story. Lost it. :duh:

5. remixme

remixme Own a Dremel, but not used it yet!

Try again....

Was in the supermarket about three weeks ago with my girlfriend and I did the usual guy thing of leaving her to do the mundane essentials shopping whilst I wonder off hunting for goodies.....(and things generally bad for me that I can sneak into trolley)

Anyway, I return to the trolley complete with nice cookies on a buy one get one free offer, to see that the trolley already has a big box of brownies in it.

I pick them up and say "Babe, I'm not that keen on brownies, how about these cookies instead?"

I look up and realise that I am not actually talking to my girlfriend, in her place a woman quite possibly old enough to be my mother. Wrong Person. Wrong Trolley. :duh:

I apologise profusely and fortunately she joked with me that she had got into the wrong persons car the other week.

I turn around to find my girlfriend a few steps away looking at me like I'm some sort of weirdo.

I guess that will teach me to wonder off......

6. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

^ that's a good one, glad you decided to re-type it. (which reminds me....)

One time me and my wife went to the grocery store in her car and when we came out, we started heading to a car just like mine and even started loading it up with our groceries (I drive a Subaru Baja, it has a truck bed) About halfway through I noticed that the usual things I keep in my truck weren't there and we had to unload everything back into the cart. Not only was my wife also unaware of what we were doing, when we realized it we looked like we were stealing someones groceries from the back of their truck!

I have been checking this thread numerous times today because it's just so entertaining.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I went to work once with two different shoes on. Didnt realize it till I got home.. 9 hours later lol

8. gar

gar Minimodder

Oh my goodness. Skewers are something I check and double check! Never take risk with skewers, or you could be flat on your face. I see allot of people who instead of locking them over have tightened then as you would a normal nut and threaded axle arrangment! I can't beleive your mate got away with that. There must have been those little ridged bits on his forks to stop the wheel coming out!

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Last night was my best one.

I was up every half an hour getting a drink or going for a pee because of my sore throat. I went down at what must have been nearly 4 am for a hot water bottle and a cup of tea. Came back upstairs with a hot water bottle full of milk and a teabag in a mug with no water or milk in it. I blame that on over tiredness.

10. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I moved in with my current housemate without thinking...

Do. Not. Ask.

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

getting contact lenses in wrong sides of container whilst drunk, making the morning rather confusing!

Getting into a strangers car thinking its a friends, worst bit was the fact that i realised after looking though the CD's and upon the owners return. We had parked next to this guys car, both blue corsa's same alloys and for some reason he had left it unlocked!

Spending 3 hours of routing water cooling tubing perfectly and filling, to realise i hadn't fitted the pump! All the tubing was fitted to the case with bulk head connectors and clamps, it was a master piece only to fail!

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I got into the bath still wearing a pair of socks.

13. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Epic :thumb:

14. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Me and friends went to our local tennis courts during the fall to play some ball hockey in the fenced area... We were all hopping over the tennis net, and then for some reason I tried to do it while kicking my heels together like you see in the movies, and my foot caught the top of the net... Needless to say, i fell face first and I was gasping for air... I was on the ground winded for a good 2 minutes, and I almost knocked myself out... I was soo disoriented for a good 10 minutes...

When i was 4 or 5, I called the police station at midnight to wish them a merry christmas... Needless to say, when they called back, my parents took the phone out of my room

Last edited: 3 Dec 2008
  15. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Dipped my fingers into a hot deep fat fryer to see if it was on lol ! Still dont believe i did that !
    Spent about 5 minutes trying to get into my parked car once wondering why my keys would'nt work only to notice my own identical car (colour etc) parked further down the road !! :duh:

16. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Whenever I borrow my Mum's car for a few days I'm constantly getting in the passenger side and just sitting for a few seconds before realising that to drive I have to be in the seat with the steering wheel. I'm usually a passenger.

You may as well tell us :p

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I once accidentally brushed my teeth with that deep heat stuff you use for muscle injuries. I really don't recommend this :) Why it was on the bathroom window sill I have no idea.... and why they put it in a tube that looks looks just like toothpaste is just cruel!

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I think it was chain tension keeping it in (rear wheel) - and sheer luck that he didn't hit a pothole.

19. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

That sounds pretty bad. Even worse though is getting amorous with the residue of that stuff still on your hands. Sensitive parts do not take kindly to it... trust me. And don't ask.

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Just remembered one..

The mrs and I parked up near the chippy and I popped in to get some chips and gubbins. On returning to the car, I opened the door and noticed that the floor mats had changed, which was a bit strange. I then looked up just as I was getting in and thought, 'That's not my wife' and the person who wasn't my wife said, 'I think you've got the wrong car!' It was so similar, I'd have quite happily got in and sat in the passenger seat.