1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Team Fortress 2 goes back to beta

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Dec 2010.

1. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I so agree with you, the L4D community is still going strong even after all these months, patches are few and far between.

2. 2bdetermine

2bdetermine What's a Dremel?

I don't know what the heck were they thinking when they released Dead Ringer update, 'cause they a lot of cheater/hacker very happy.

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Hopefully they will realise that style over substance doesn't work and they will transform it into a game worth playing...

4. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Meh - I've got a copy of TF2 but it sent me to sleep the 2-3 times I've tried it...

A whole lota' folks are still waiting for HL2 episode 3...

I'll second the comments about L4D - I enjoyed playing the beta a whole lot. I plan on getting a Steam sale bundle of the 2 L4D games as soon as one comes up...

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

"new game-wise tweaks such as doubling player health"

What the ****? As if they didn't have too much health already.

6. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Glad the natasha is finally gettting knobbed in the face. Hate that weapon.

7. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I don't play TF2 much anymore. The new hats and items don't bother me but the essence of game has become boring. It is still about shooting up the enemies and holding capture points or whatnot.
    If they added more gameplay alterations I might pick it up again.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I liked the game when it came out.

I lost interest when they came up with all the new crap. I just don't care about any of that, and to me (as a casual TF2-player) it just seems confusing and obtrusive.

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

In the good old TFC it was all about the team getting the FLAG now its all about getting "achievements" as individuals.

I tried playing TF2 the first 2 months, but since i'm old skool in TFC (as well in age) its to chaotic for me to play TF2 I really missed the secondary weapons and i still do it was just so much fun in TFC and in TF2 i do not have fun.

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Had over 400 hours into the game and I basically stopped playing after they added all this dumb crap.

11. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

I'd love them to add the Gaschamber map to TF2, the one where you had to get into the enemy's base, get the key and then use it in the gaschamber (killing anyone unfortante enough to be outside without a gas mask).

My enjoyment of TF2 ended when they added all the extra weapons and other unlockables. If I load it up today it is unrecongisable with different classes behaving differently depending on their weapon load out. A vast majority of maps lack any real objective and when they do there is no incentive to actually do the objective. Some maps just seem to go on for hours, an endless stuggle between red and blu until I get bored and leave.

The inventory (and creating) system overly complicates what should be a decent balanced class based fps. It's like Valve have lost their way, not knowning what people want so throwing a bit of everything into the pot.

The final nail in the coffin so to speak is the load times, I'm sure its "just me" but I can be sitting for over a minute waiting to get into a map. Sometimes they don't load at all, until i disconnect and reconnect to the server. It just feels clunky / broken.

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Next part of Half Life now, please.

Tags: Add Tags