1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Noni, 31 May 2008.

1. jrr

jrr What's a Dremel?

If you were a hardcore TFC player (read: able to conc jump and bunny hop) then check out fortress forever. It aims to be a new spin on team fortress, while maintaining much of the feel and features of TFC. Real purists may even reject this, and keep playing TFC.

TF2 is definitely a much simpler game (there are only three weapons per class and no thrown grenades, for starters), but I don't think it's any worse for it.

Though conc jumping and bunny hopping are gone, there are still some physics tricks to master in the form of rocket jumps, demoman grenade jumps, and the scout's double-jump.

Overall, the game has some really fun gameplay, and a very stylish cartoony feel reminiscent of The Incredibles that I enjoy immensely. The characters make context-specific comments - when the scout captures the intelligence, for example (the equivalent of a flag in CTF), he shouts out "Say goodbye to your secret crap, dumbass!" To see more of the "feel" of the game, check out the "meet the" videos.

Every now and then they offer a "free weekend" in which you can play the game for free for a couple days. The Heavy Update is about to come out, and it's likely they'll do one then.

In summary, AAA+++ WOULD BUY AGAIN.

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Trouble with FF is no one plays it :p

I've since managed to play TF2 for about a week, found good servers, and one with with constant teles and respawns but having played TF then TFC (and others, the Q3A TF springs to mind) for years TF2 really lacks any depth, rocket and demo jumps have been about for years as has double jump eg.UT2004, there's just nothing new in it. I'm old and stuck in my elitest TFC ways, TF2 just doesn't cater for me >_<

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

It's all about fun this game, buy it.

4. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

I got it last week! (In the Orange Box + Call of Duty 4 and BF2).
    It's really a great game ;).

Anyways, even if I don't think any opf us could make a server but atleast let's share our steam names?

ingame : ar4kn0id
    Steam : ar4k

5. NaNeil

NaNeil What's a Dremel?

I'm Bluedog on Steamfriends, and various things in game... and I still suck!

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

We'd make a good team then :D

7. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

A good team is a well balanced team. So you don't suck? :p

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

There is a bit steam community thing which most folk signed upto ages ago, i'll try and find the thread.

9. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

10. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Every one enjoying cooking heavys after the new update? Had a quick blast of the new game mode, its quite good, cp_steel is different. Waiting on the heavy madness to die down before i start playing hwg again, its a shame since he's my normal first choice but i don't like playing him when there are another half dozen on the team....

...Cry some moar

Tags: