1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Teased 3dfx rebirth disappoints, as expected

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 Aug 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ah FFS! Not even an AIB. Just gonna slap a 3dfx sticker on a load of cheap tat. Whoop.

3. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

One more fondly-remembered brand dragged through the mud for a lazy attempt at a cheap nostalgia cash-in. It makes me sad every time I see it.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Yep - total shame.

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

No way they can be developing 600+ products in a year so, a rebranding exercise it must be.

What a load of arse!

6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

7. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Bit-tech highlighting typos is it.

Mr_Mistoffelees and perplekks45 like this.
  8. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

There was a certain website (that I won't link to or even name since I don't want to drive traffic to them) that used to do really in-depth reviews of PC hardware from a noise perspective.

They had an incredible setup (even a hemi anechoic chamber!) and their reviews and ratings for people interested in low noise gear were second to none. If you know the site I mean, don't name it please.

Sadly the owner of the site seemed to stop updating it - there was no new content for several years.

Then suddenly the site pops back to life, with a fresh new design, and tons of new content and recommendations. Great! Nope, not great. The new reviews and recommendations were pushing affiliate purchase links. They had no testing of noise levels whatsoever, not even proper reviews - recommendations were based upon ???

The owner of the site sold it to someone. The new owner set about monetising it, they care nothing about quiet PC components. It makes me sad to see. If the owner didn't want to operate the site anymore, fair enough - but I'd much rather have seen it go offline and die entirely than this ghoulish resurrection, turning a once great thing into something horrible.

9. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Oh, jeez... I know that site. Hadn't visited them in years, as indeed they were completely dead.
    I just dug them up because I wanted to see if it was the sight I thought it was, and if it was as bad as you said. It is kinda horrifying what's happened to it.

Tags: Add Tags