1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Corsair 4000D case has been spotted via an Amazon listing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Looks decidedly meh...

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

If the price was right, I'd consider it for the kiddy. What are the options for £40-60? There's an MSI Mag Vampiric that I've used before for a decent build.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Whats with this utterly dumb trend to offer a vertical GPU mount that squeezes the GPU fan intake right against the solid side panel?

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Indeed, looks like it would only be useful on a Fully watercooled build and even then you would probably want a bigger overall case with more radiator support..

In fact this case looks extremely similar to my wife's old Carbide 275R albeit with a different front, right down to the somewhat pointless vertical mount.

Not a terrible case by any stretch but also a bit "meh" (totally not copying @Bloody_Pete ... honest...) in the current sea of look-a-likes.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I always assume its for a card with a waterblock, as its useless otherwise...

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yes, however:

The case is clearly aimed at those from the more "budget conscious" end of the market and probably won't have a 2080TI.
    And watercooling anything but the fastest GPU makes no sense as you are always better off buying a better GPU.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I do watercooling mainly for looks these days tbh, so thats not true.

9. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

I think the vertical gpu mod has become quite popular from sff and so it's seen as a bit of an aesthetic thing. Manufacturers selling what was a case mod to young 'uns who spend their time on reddit and their pocket money on PCs for the 'gram.

10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

And Corsair's case naming goes further into the realm of "I don't understand"...

The 700D, 800D, 900D, 1000D progression was fairly clear: number goes up, case gets bigger and better. When I saw "4000D" I thought, "Great, another big-big Corsair case!".

*gameshow fail buzzer*

Oh well.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I thought that too, "Jesus is it really 4 times bigger than a 1000d!?". But having already done the hundreds, the new ones are in the thousands, copying gpu nomenclature cycling. This being a 450D replacement.

Tags: Add Tags