1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

There are mods?

You got any links?

2. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

I personally use Druid icon mod (makes it easier to see what enemy tanks are, their tier, damage being done etc.). It modifies the information floating above the tanks, fully customisable which is great.

Start here for mods:
    http://wiki.worldoftanks.eu/Modifications

Many more out there when you look around though, links on that page.

I'd say the TK colour is cyan, excuse the image size but it's something like this, perhaps a bit darker:

[​IMG]

3. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Generally you don't see many TKers. In around 2000 games, this is the only game where they raised their ugly heads. It sucked:

[​IMG]

8 TKs on my team. 3 guys destroyed more of my team than the enemy...

4. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I use the over target markers mod as it allows you to customise how the information is displayed. Flat HP total is more useful to me than a percentage value for example as I can work out my average shell damage on the fly and decide target priority based on that.

I also have 200% map mod with clear boundaries between sectors but I can't find the link :(

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I don't have links but I put in weakspot skins for a bunch of tanks earlier this week. It shows the locations you have to shoot for critical hits on a lot of the higher-tier tanks.

It's come in quite handy recently when I've single-handedly killed a T29 in my PzIV. First shot took out the track, second set it on fire, third and fourth hit weak spots on the hull, and killed it.

6. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

That sounds like an excellent mod with a great advantage for new people at any rate.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The weakspot skins are widely frowned upon as just shy of cheating really. It's far too easy with them on.

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Agreed. Generally it should be obvious enough where to shoot anyway if you have an essence of thought.

9. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

for those of us like me, with my ADD-esque attention span, who find it diffult to differentiate the various VK tanks by themselves, let alone where their various 'spots' are, is there a middle ground? like a guide that can point out 'maus needs shooting in the front wheel' 'IS-7 aim for back right of body to hit engine' etc etc? The only thing stopping this game from being a full on obsession is that I spend far too much time in battles where I feel like I can't make any difference, due to not getting anything through peoples armour...

10. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

The thing about weakspot skins is that they also aren't necessarily correct from all angles. The hitboxes are 3d and inside the tank so it's better to work out where they are internally and then work out yourself where to hit.

11. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

The weakspot skins tell you were they are for perpendicular shots so a very quick guestimate can be used to adjust for off centre angles.
    Anyway even if you do critical damage levels to a module there's a saving throw with generous odds
    http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics#Module_Damage

12. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Set your reticle in the options to display the armour penetration indicator - it changes colour dependant on how likely you are to punch through. Black to red to orange to green depending on whether you have no hope, some hope or almost guaranteed.

13. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

So, how is everybody enjoying the celebration of Operating Avalanche and what it brings to World of Tanks?

Personally, I earned 27k freeXP at lunch time today in some of older tanks, and had one particularly fun battle in my T-44 that netted 7k xp :D

14. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Not very... still at work.

What is it and will it continue over the weekend?

15. Everydayoddity

27k?! insane amounts. Does all XP earnt become free xp once the tank is Elite? or is it still a percentage?

16. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

You transferred it with gold i presume?

17. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

You must use gold to transfer.

However with an elite tank you can choose to have xp transferred to crew training.
    It splits earnt xp by number of crew so the bonus is very small.
    Say a 5 man crew that's 1.2x more xp than just normal gains.

18. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Operation Avalanche was the Allied invasion of mainland Italy in 1943, so until 5am on Monday, you get 5x instead of 2x XP on your first win of the day in each tank, plus additional garage slots are half price and crew gain xp at double their normal rate :)

Once a tank is Elite, all XP earned on it is freeXP. But as mucgoo said, you have to spend gold to convert it into usuable XP. Still, it's useful to have a large pool of freeXP for when new tanks/trees come along.

19. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

On the last 5x XP weekend I bought all of the tier1/2 tanks that I had elite or were easy to elite, and ended up going from the Leichtraktor to the Tiger just on free XP :).

20. Everydayoddity

Ah, see I thought 'Free XP' is the usable on anything XP already, normal XP you pay gold to move into Free XP. so an Elite tank earns XP in the same way as any other tank, and then you pay gold to shift it into Free to use on the tanks you want?