1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tie Fighter USB Hub: A Rebel attack has foiled our plans....

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bootupbuddha, 17 Apr 2005.

1. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Hombre los sevillanos hablais mal el castellano, pero de ahi a que apeste.... XDDD

The same about my english hehe

2. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

When I last posted; I said that I was planning on finishing the project over the last weekend. Unfortunately, I did not consider the fact that it was mother’s day. So I had my wife, my mother and my mother-in-law to take care of. Short story, no modding got done. sorry...

I have decided to try my hand at making some custom decals for the wings/solar thingies. Has anyone done this before? Any advice? Thanks

3. 25188201

25188201 What's a Dremel?

it will be good to see how this comes out i was thinking of somthing similar only using RC subaru impreza WRC to house me ADSL router

4. themark

themark What's a Dremel?

I've made decals for RC cars before, so it depends on what type you'd like to make. If you want to do water-slide it's tougher than making peel-n-stick. To make water-slides I used an Alps printer (no longer made) that printed waterproof ink. There are some papers you can get now that allow you to print ws decals with an inkjet, but you will need to spray a clear overcoat on before you use them. My recommendation is to use waterproof label paper made for making wine bottle labels, etc. I have successfully used it to make really hard wearing RC car decals. It's not very flexible though, so if you're wrapping over minute details, it won't look so good. PM me if you have some questions, as I did quite a bit of experimentation with different types.

5. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Dude this is a sweet idea... look's good to. :dremel:

6. KodiakStar

KodiakStar What's a Dremel?

Nice work, I like how the ports are hidden in the back... Very Nice.
    - Fold [H]ard - [​IMG] - Or go [H]ome -

7. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

nice nice nice

8. SteakTheMooCow

SteakTheMooCow What's a Dremel?

Coz its aussie ;) And coz its hard to find lol

btw: Nice Mod, its starting to turn into a real looker of a piece, I was about to do the same with a tank model I had around here :)

9. bootupbuddha

Rebel attack has foiled our plans....

Well modding is 50% experimentation and 50% inspiration. It’s that 50% of experimentation that can kill a project. And it has this one, this mod is dead.....

Things were really looking good. I had a nice 3 tone paint job with weathering and scratches that showed the metal under the paint. All I needed to do was a wash and some dry brushing.

I was experimenting on the wash technique and ruined the paint job so badly that I would have to start over. - I am not going to do that.

What I am going to do is buy a new toy tie fighter and start over.... :wallbash:

I will update as soon as I get a new one. sigh

Meanwhile: here is a link that may interest some of you who were following my mod: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/contest/kit_06.htm

Last edited: 23 May 2005
  10. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Don`t worry about a excesive wash. There`s always a solution in those cases: more drybrushing, a thin layer of the base paint in spray to soft the wash, another wash with the base paint... Sometimes i`ve repainted some of my models, painted when children with poor skills

Star Wash :)

The link doesn`t work (double http)

Last edited: 23 May 2005
  11. bootupbuddha

what up kumo, link fiixed.

12. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Oh, very interesting link, i saw this mornig. Give me some ideas.

Did you see the F1 Monaco GP Race? With Redbull Racing Car men dressed as Stormtropers and Spaceship officers? Very funy the refuelling of the car :)

13. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I know how you feel. When I had to leve the my older voyager case behind to move on it brocke my heart. But hopefully I will find a replacement case and try to mod it again.

14. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

NIcely done .. :clap: Are you going to paint it.
    Whats next - a AT-AT router :)

15. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Sorry to bump a dead rock but, he already did paint it he expiremented and screwed it up and now he is looking for a new model.

16. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

Lookin good, look forward to seeing more updates (pictures will do)

17. bootupbuddha

Thanks Casey...

I have looked high and low for a new tie fighter, Well - I really did not look very hard.... if another one falls into my lap I will use it and restart this mod. Untill then I am in the middle of another Aliens/Weyland Yutani mod and that is taking all my free time. I'll post that mod as soon as I build up a backlog of pictures.

If I dont get another tie fighter when I finish that mod, then I will try the one that I started this mod with. Untill then this mod is officaly on hold. sorry.