1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Titan x Pascal closed loop help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enfluence, 14 Aug 2016.

1. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

So I've just purchased a Titan XP and see that they run quite high temperatures and would like to fix that.

I'm looking at the kraken x41 and need a good gpu waterblock bracket, anyone got any ideas?

PS this is my first time using a closed loop cooler on a GPU so treat me like I'm five please hah

2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

How about a kraken g10

3. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

4. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

I'm sure the g10 fits the titan and titan x but not read anything about pascal, if I can find any info I will let you know

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I would wait and see when EVGA release their hybrid kit. The Kraken only cools the VRMs by a 92mm fan which is not as good as the blower fan. Corsair may make a bracket adapter thing too, and they work better than the G10.

Also, please take note that the Corsair H55 has woefully short hoses. Too short for me to be able to cool two Titan Black and fit them where I wanted. The Hybrid has lovely long hoses.

http://eu.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=2&family=Accessories+-+Hardware&chipset=Hybrid

Note the 1070 and 1080 has one now, it won't be long... They may even fit the Titan XP

6. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Had a quick look about and a guy on overclock.net says he removed his g10 from his titan and fitted to a pascal titan as the fittings are identical.

7. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Hmmm I suppose I could wait...how long before they brought out the 1070/80 cooler? Think it could be a month or so or maybe longer? Not sure how long I want the card running at 85c even if its safe, still worries me.

8. Vault-Tec

It shouldn't be long before they have stock. In the mean time, as the shroud is neutral (IE doesn't say 1070 or 1080 on it) I would download the manual and see if you can work out if the shroud on the 1070 and 1080 version will fit your Titan XP. I can't see any reason why it would not, as the shroud on the XP looks the same as the 1080 to me only in black.

But yeah, if you download the manual you should be able to figure it out :) I know the old Hybrid for the 980/980ti etc fitted but the shroud did not.

Edit. If you are super worried about the temps etc why not downclock/undervolt it until you get the kit?

9. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Good ideas all around Vault Technology (unlike the video game ones, terrible ideas) going to send EVGA an email and ask as well as check the manual just to be spot on.

10. Vault-Tec

Good idea. You could also post on the EVGA forum as they generally tend to be very knowledgeable :)

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

You can use the existing EVGA Hybrid kit, as it screws into the mounting points around the GPU using the stock heatspreader plate. If the included shroud does not fit, on the previous NVTTM design you could pop out the 'window' and route the hoses out through there (or just cut a slot in the side if you're not worried about later reassembly) so the stock fan, heatspreader plate, and shroud cool the VRMs and memory, with the AIO handling the GPU core. Only caveat is you may need to pick a custom fan profile, as the default will be basing itself off of the (now much cooler) GPU core temperature.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

EK 240 AIO + full cover block?
    You've just spent $1000+ on the most premium card and the stock cooler is coming off anyway so get a decent bit of WCing kit as well tbh. $340 for both, and you get the CPU done as well.

13. Vault-Tec

Good shout. At least you know with a new block you can pretty much use it forever.

14. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Thanks for the help guys in the end I went with the x41 (got from a friend for free) and just bought the G10 with added vrm chipsinks.

Would of waited but can't beat free

15. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

Your brave

I tried fitting a corsair HG10 bracket and closed loop cooler to my GTX980TI and I hated how the bracket fitted to the PCB as it was all out of shape.....If I spent all that money on such an expensive and beast of a GPU I think I would have to spend on a proper water cooled back plate.

Good luck....!!