1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Toshiba Equium A200 - Cant access BIOS

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ry@n, 28 Feb 2011.

1. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Hi,

All I want to do is change the boot order of this laptop to CD/DVD first so I can re-install windows as its corrupt and wont boot.

I have tried everything to access the BIOS but whatever I try restarts the machine or causes it to beep very loudly.

I have tried all of the 'F' keys and the delete key, I have tried holding 0 whilist powering on, I have tried holding (and tapping) escape to stop it from booting windows and then pressing F2, del etc. Nothing I try works and instead it proceeds to try and boot windows and fails.

Any ideas?

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

try this:

1. Turn on computer by Holding down power button while pressing the ESC key.
    The machine will beep, then display:
    Check System, then press [F1] key.
    2. Release ESC key
    3. Press F1 key

3. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Thanks for the reply,

I just tried that and it just froze that machine at the Toshiba splash screen and beeped repeatedly untill I released the ESC key, it then proceeded to try and boot vista and failed.

Edit: Its as if there a key stuck somewhere causing the beep but ive checked every key individually and they are all free.

Any ideas?

Last edited: 1 Mar 2011
  4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Did you try to update the bios before this happened?

5. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

The BIOS has never been changed.

I've used similar old Toshiba laptops before and im sure they normally have text at the bottom of the Toshiba Splash screen saying "Press F2 for setup" etc but this one is just the Toshiba logo and a red progress bar.

Any ideas? If not im going take the HDD out and put it in an external enclosure and tell the owner to buy a new laptop.

6. f300

f300 What's a Dremel?