1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ViewSonic launches first dual-booting tablet

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 28 Oct 2010.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Not a bad price, but why Android 1.6? 2.2 please!

3. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

After the market went nuts with Apple releasing the iPad and everyone decided the thing to make was tablets, I'm waiting to cast my judgement untill all the manufacturers have their products on the table and there are some proper comparisons released.

It'll be interesting aswell to see what OSs the tablets are released with and how they compete with iOS.

For now; I wait...

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

What about tethering? I don't want to get a 2nd data plan when my phone has unlimited.

5. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

I do like the idea of cashback for your previous laptop. I've got a 13" laptop here that's on it's last legs so I'm interested already.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not interested in anything running last year's Android, sorry.

7. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Agreed, I'm not interested in an old Android OS, but Windows 7 is great and the trade in is amazing. I have a laptop thats almost 4 years old and I'd be happy to trade it in for a 7 in. I hardly use the laptop anymore because the battery sucks and it has low memory and I'd love a tablet for my car

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It'll be as overpriced as the iPad or Samsung's Galaxy Tab. I mean... 800 Euros w/o a contract? Or 36 x 35 Euros (= 1360) with 3? Or 36 * 25 + 250 (= 1150) with T-Mobile? That's for the Samsung in Austria, just to clarify.

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well its a start but Im not impressed as of yet, not until it can handle flash and HD content, then with a sub $500us price for a 10" I would go for it.

10. TheTourist

TheTourist Minimodder

The trade-in scheme sounds great, but I'm not sure I'd go for one just yet. I'm waiting for the inevitable price drops once there's more competition...

11. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

I've seen plenty of dual booting tablets out there already. Not from big recognized manufacturers such as ViewSonic but there's a ton of Chinese tablets (a lot of them are iPad clones) that sport dual boot and sometime even triple boot! so this is hardly the first (unless of course this was supposed to be the first for ViewSonic in which case just ignore everything I said).

Tags: Add Tags