1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What one of your Teachers Last had a major flip out at you or the whole class ?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatGingerGuy, 2 Apr 2008.

1. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

A Question : What one of your Teachers Last had a major flip out at you or the whole class ?

i write this thread because today we had Math last period and we were all talking, all of a sudden Mr Lear (Teacher) snapped and had the biggest Freak out i swear i thought he was going to start killing us :jawdrop:

Tell me your story of the last teacher freak out you remember.

2. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Teach 'Flip Outs' usually occur as the straw that breaks the camel's back. Last one I can really remember was in 3rd grade. We had a teacher who basically freaked out and just left the class all together. Don't recall what specifics cause it, but hearsay had it being her class being rather out of hand for the week, and I believe she had issues at home.

I usually feel bad when flip outs do happen, since teachers have to have one of the most stressful jobs.

3. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

yeah thats for sure and we dont make it any easier lol

4. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

I cant remember my own but when being a teaching assistant I saw a teacher in the reception class absolutely scream ( she had a lot of special needs/ little twats in the class) and make a full class of 30 kids burst into tears

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

My sister was telling me about a Science teacher she had who flipped out last month in a clear case of favouritism against some of her friends. Apparently she responded by slapping (lightly I think, my sister is only in year 9) him when he started on her and he, shocked, took a moment and then thanked her for stopping him going off the rails.

6. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

A teacher from my old school had a nervous breakdown after she was locked in a cupboard overnight by some pupils.

Major flip outs from other teachers were fairly common.

7. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

:|

That might have been a tad harsh.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

That's just mean!

I haven't seen that many flip outs, really. Sure, sometimes teachers get mad, but not more than what's necessary.

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Last flip out, i heard about was involving a friends son he suffers claustrophobia and needed to get out of the room. The teacher being a pratt started standing in front of the class room door and yelling at him so the kid did what any one panicing at that point would do. He punched the teacher in the stomach, apparently he didn't hit him that hard but the teacher was overweight and went down like a sack of spuds. The teacher then demanded the police be called and that it go to the school governors etc . kid has been expelled and all because the teacher wouldn't stand to one side for a couple of minutes to let the kid get some air and calm down

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be teachers.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sorry, but teachers may not be perfect, but kids are twats, they do not have respect for the teachers.

11. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

I have lots of stories, our old class made some teachers cry and storm out and call others, a while ago some people in our class locked in the sub. teacher when we left and she was screaming in german.

btw agreed kids dont really respect teachers

but some just ask for it

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Theres a reason some teachers don't get any respect. Its thats because respect is earned not just given just because someone has a certain job title.

I'm sure in every school, that there are those teachers who have the kids respect and those who don't.

You will generally find those that don't have the kids respect are either new teachers (in which case the kids will play up to see how far they can push the teacher) and those who don't deserve the respect but seem to think that its their given right to be given the respect just because they have the title of teacher.

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

That's the problem, kids think teachers need to earn respect, well I'm sorry as far as kids are concerned they should respect the position of the teacher without question.
    However, if the teacher is an arse then take it to your parents to speak to the head.

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I'd hate to be a teacher. Probably end up murdering the whole class.

15. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

in grade four, my dad was the teacher. i forget what i was doing, but he got so pissed he threw a mouse. which was attached to a laptop, which fell off the table. i remember thinking it was awesome at the time.

16. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

When I was at school I always respected teachers but at the same time I always looked at what makes a class respect a teacher and not. Certain teachers would have the whole class silenced by shouting "silence" whilst others would take 10 minutes to silence a class.

Teacher rank aside, I eventually noticed that there were certain attributes of a teacher that gained them respect and you could even put them into groups. From my experience teachers with respect (regardless of whether they were new or not) came into the category of cool teacher, teacher with certain tone of voice and that was about it. Overall it seems that a teacher showing signs of distress or even the remote expression of fedupness was about the worse thing they could do.

yodasarmpit is right that kids should respect the teacher without question.... Bring back the cane I'd say.

17. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

OT: Wonka, you moved to canada>

18. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

When I was at college, a classmate flipped out during student teaching (the last round of hands-on classroom experience under an older teacher before graduating). He started swearing at a class of junior high students (12-14 year range) - awkward, given that the college is Christian and very conservative! Anyone who can't make it through their student teaching without a major flip-out probably isn't suited for teaching, the college didn't expel him, but they did refuse to give him a teaching degree AFAIK.

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yes, to both.

20. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I behaved nicely and respected teachers when i went to school. The nice thing about behaving is that the teachers will trust you more, and give you more freedom.

When I was in the 9.th grade (I think...) we got this really nice teacher about halfway trough the year (the original teacher got sick). Most people respected her. She was also very quick to handle the "problem kids". She didn't yell unless it was really necessary, but talked to them and got them calm before telling them that what they did was unacceptable. She was also very good at controlling their anger, and didn't give them attention when it was obvious that they just tried to get her angry.

What was so impressive about this was that everybody liked her, even the problem kids. We also got a better learning environment. :thumb:

The year after she had another class that just gave her **** all the time. They actually conspired against her, and i believe she quit after that. It really pisses me of. She was a good teacher, and these morons had to ruin it.

(I knew some of the people in that class, and know that they were a bunch of manipulating, cruel idiots)