1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Got an invite for the mighty OnePlus One phone 64GB, but i cant afford it :(

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Rounding off a great holiday in dorset with the kids with a day at Legoland on the way home, only to have my sister ring me up 20mins into the park in tears because my dads been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer.

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Hospital tomorrow for gastroscopy :(

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Applied for 9 jobs today and my mum is still on my back.

She comes out with these sarcastic comments to try deliberately piss me off, its usually something like 'Wont be able to see ____ for weeks now til you get a job" "Not going to have a life now hours are being cut" "He's never going to go anywhere sitting on that computer"

I'm now getting moaned at for using my computer to apply for jobs when I should be... applying for jobs.

She has no idea how much she grinds me into the dirt till I snap at her.

5. Scroome

Scroome Modder

You'll be fine.

Trust me. I've been there a few times.

:)

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My mum used to be the same, the computer and internet were the worst things to ever happen, I would never meet anyone if I never went out, I would never find a decent job unless I was buying the paper and going around companies with my CV, can't find anything useful on the internet because it's too full of games and perverts.

However, since meeting my wife online and finding my job through Monster, it's suddenly turned into the best thing ever to happen to the world and everyone should use it (except for her, because she's still too scared....)

Occasional snappage is not a bad thing, especially when people (seemingly) intentionally wind you up about things like this.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Preach it!

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden

A lot of these seemingly small comments that get made, especially from 'caring' mothers, don't feel like much until they all start to build up and what had been more of a slight annoyance suddenly turns into steaming ears and a red face and they are left thinking "WTF was that?"

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Aye, I know the feeling, and my close family is made up of a whole lot of them. Shame, too, because I'm normally a very passive person.

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Trying to find a job to get away from the North and finishing a Masters at the same time while still working with a Sprained Wrist.

Yeah..

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Spent the last 3 days (2 of which have been 13 hour days) getting 3 Mac servers up and running as well as imaging 270+ iMacs across 3 sites...And i've still got a full day tomorrow to go as well!

Im ****ing shagged, just want to go to bed. its all going well though. All needs to be ready for users to log in Tuesday morning.

Work with an awesome team, 3 network rebuilds in 5 weeks and all the imaging and deployment that goes with that kind of work. Its been epic.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This has been possibly the most tiring, frustrating day and week of my whole life. My day job has been a nightmare, and my weekend job is threatening to to kill me or at the very least put me into bad health at the moment.

All I need say is that I've been soaked from head to toe in sweat several times today, to the point of looking like I've completed the ALS ice bucket challenge, I am almost 100 miles from home and have a heck of a lot more work to do before I get to a shower and a bed. 5am is the realistic target at the moment, and I have to work tomorrow as well.

There's very little keeping me going at the moment :rolleyes:

13. marlowdrummer

marlowdrummer Minimodder

The idiot next door.
    Decides to start putting down a tarmac driveway - at 7am... on a Saturday morning. Better not do the same tomorrow or there will be blood.
    So far it's been vans slamming doors, a whacker and a very large and loud roller.
    ******* idiot. Gonna pee through his letter box!!

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I hope you earn a ****-ton of money, because if you don't there are undoubtedly easier ways to make your living...

15. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Wasn't too bad once the sedative kicked in I think I fell asleep :)
    Just soar throat now :/

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I don't know how many times I said that myself yesterday. It's not mega bucks but at least it's honest, and I'll take one bad gig in 10 or one bad week in the year if it means I keep my jobs to keep the bills paid and parts coming for the track car. I eventually got home at 7 this morning, collapsed into bed and just got up an hour ago. Work that was planned for today has been pushed to Monday.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2014
  17. Scroome

Scroome Modder

See. There you go.

A Colonoscopy is far worse......

"Shudders"

I'm just happy the NHS is thinking of doing away with them.

18. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Trying to get a mortgage and finding every single skeleton in my other halfs closet.

19. Scroome

Scroome Modder

The joys of joint finance :)

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

VM Stupidhub keeps restarting for no apparent reason -

VM: call back if it does it again...

*spends so long on hold router is fine when they eventually answer*