1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 939 motherboard????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cyberbob:-), 15 Sep 2004.

1. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Right I've just brought me a Powercolor X800Pro VIVO(Soon to softmodded to XT PE). a raptor 74gig. and CMX512-3200XLPT of corsair memory.

I'm also getting a AMD 643500+ Socket 939.

Now what motherboard do I go for? I've been looking at a Asus A8V Deluxe, ABit AV8 or MSI K8N Neo Platinum...Anybody got any views on any of these???

2. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

a mate at work just bought the GA-K8NSNXP-939 board which seems ok, has loads of extras. Only probs he has had though are with his ram, there is a problem with this board and Corsair DDR XMS3200XL Pro TwinX. oh and the bios has had about 4 revisons already

3. Kryai

Kryai What's a Dremel?

I just bought an MSI Neo2 Platinum myself and i'm LOVING it, by far the best motherboard i've ever purchased and i've only had it 5 days now! Excellent features, layout, no problems setting anything up, except for the face plate ouch razor edges :waah: great accessories highly recommended from me, though the price tag may not be what you're looking for I paid US$140.

I got an A64 3500+ 4x 512 Corsair Value ram @ 2.5-3-3-8/11 (cost me US$300 only for 2 gigs) (I've found no difference in 8 or 11 from my benches) duel channel double sided ram @ 200Mhz (DS default for 4 channels is 166 but no issues overclocking it to 200. and i'm leaving it at a 2.5% overclock so running at 2255Mhz. The motherbaord features will NOT disappoint you if you want to go further excellent options (See Anandtech's review of the mobo)

4. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

What he said. :D

5. leber

leber What's a Dremel?

im running a asus A8V Deluxe with a 3500, two raptors in raid 0 and 1 gig cosiar 3200xlpro and this this runs like a dream, i would highly reccomond it. I also has an addition pci card so u can use the mobo as a wireless g access point.

6. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

that's basically the exact same set up as me although I'm not using raid, just a single sata 200gb drive, and yes it is amazing, especially with my new 6800 GT overclocked to ultra speeds.

7. DanMcr

DanMcr What's a Dremel?

They are both good boards. But the layout of the MSI board is sweet.
    Its really aimed at the overclockers too. Loads of features and its good for 300fsb. Also, i ran the MSI live update thingy, and it informed me of a Bios update available that increased support to 450fsb! (Isnt this a tad excessive)
    Now where can i get me some DDR900 ??

8. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I've got the Asus A8V Deluxe.
    Seems good.. but as you can read in my sata questions thread. I'm having some trouble's getting the sata to work, so I can install win XP.

Looks like I'm going have to install on my classic IDE HD. and use the sata as a file drive... :wallbash:

but I don't think its the fault of the motherboard.. I'm probably forgetting something somewhere.

but I did some research, and the asus board seemed like a good choice.

My other parts are:
    64bit 3500+ CPU
    512mb Corsair Ram * 2 (1024mb in total)
    Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro 128mb ram
    Seagate 200gb Sata Drive
    Seagate 120gb IDE Drive
    Plextor 712 DVD RW
    Pinnacle TV tuner

Everything else I already had.. (lcd, bulgin power switch, usb card reader, etc..)

L

Good luck with your choice! I hope if you choose the A8V , you won't have so many trouble's getting the sata to work

L

9. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

Im running that GB board with that Corsair and it's perfect, im on the latest BIOS revision and it's a great board.