1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of WarCraft: Burning Crusade

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PHILIP1193, 21 Jan 2007.

1. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Hell As Well all know Burning crusades is out, iv just installed it and could do with some help, im by no means a WOW addict or full time player and would like to know any advice on which race etc i should go for.

Phil

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Just go for the one you like the look of the most. They've all got their plus points, and generally each one balances a positive with a negative tbh. Personally I usually avoid the really common races like the NE's (The Belfs are the new Nelfs), but it's entirely down to personal preferences - read up on the classes first so you get something compatible with how you want to play the game.

3. matt.slysnake

matt.slysnake Banned

Same as above, just play whatever you want, downsides and plus sides to every race ( i played night elf hunter which was v. common tbh )

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've rolled a Blood Elf rogue. Sound cheesy I know, but I just wasn't enjoying the Draenei at all for some reason - and I've never played the rogue class. I fully expected loads of us, but I suppose as I should have predicted everyone seems to be either trying out the novel horde paladins or mages (more in keeping with the race).

Oh and I dance like Napoleon Dynamite.

5. matt.slysnake

matt.slysnake Banned

Is TBC much different to WoW? or is it just an increase in level cap and a bigger area?

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Increase in level cap, new areas, new races, new gear and whole buncha other things.

I was at Gamestop at 12am to buy mine. Then I learned only the pre-payers would get theirs. So I ended up at Hastong's Entertainment and got my copy with no prob because unlike the starter, I am a regular player AND I am addicted lol :p

Name: Myrmccheese
    Server: Bronzebeard
    Guild: B l o o d l i n e (I am an officer yay!)

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Quite fancied a dreanai shaman/shadow priest. Afaik the dreanai are shadow resitant so could make for a pretty spiffy char, esp as the shadow priests can dish out a lot of damage.

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

From a cursory run around in my shaman up to level 6, their city (I assumed it was that) is bloody horrible. Loads of pointless running between sprawling levels of nothingness with nobody but NPCs around.

9. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I went with the Draenie. For the racial ability they have it makes them the ideal candidate for nearly every class (A self heal is always nice especially if you are a Warrior). Also they have an Aura that affects their groups. I made a Paladin to play around with, but won't put much time into her until my Druid is level 70 (Half way there already).

Blood Elves are cool too. Their racial is quite nice, it's a move that you can stack (I think 3 or 4 times) and then you use Arcane Torrent and it drains mana according the number times stacked on the target and silences for 2 seconds. Nice to have escpecially for Rogues when dealing with casters. a Blood Elf Priest can do some series Mana damage to a caster (Mana Burn + Racial Ability), plus they can fear, and silence. Very lethal combo.

10. Hepath

Hepath Minimodder

Only *real* decision to make is with your mates who play: Shall we be Alliance or Horde? There is no in-game interaction with players of the *other* side other than to kill them! :naughty:

If you dont care - just choose what you fancy...racial biases can be looked at and over scrutinized, but in the end dont make too much difference especially in PvE. As for classes - try a few to about level 20-30 (there's so many spoilers now it doesnt take that long) and level the one up that you prefer to play.

11. Houck

Houck What's a Dremel?

I am the only one who hates WoW???

12. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

No mate, but then i wouldnt say that hate was the word. Dislike would be more what i would use.

but dont tell anyone, especially my woman or shell kill me :lol:

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Very worthwhile contribution there. Congratulations.

Any other BC players notice how empty the Euro servers seem to be in the new race starting zones? i'm on Xavius, and previous time in the horde here was a great laugh, socially. But this now feels like single player game at times... I really need to get to tougher zones I guess to see more action.

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Outland is nice and busy.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Even portions of Outland are becoming empty already. The bulk of players on my server (Andorhal) have moved to Nagrand/Netherstorm/Shadowmoon now and are already filtering back to Ironforge/Stormwind to camp the Auction Houses again haha. I've also noticed a rise on lower level characters now (I think it's because folks are finishing up their grind to 70 and taking breaks).

16. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I'm loving the expansion at the moment, just trying to get enough gold toghether for the flying mount atm, started a draenai shadow priest and a BE rogue last week to keep me busy while my main gets rested :D

17. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I managed my grind to 70 and am taking a break from hardcore questing for a bit of alchemy based money gathering for my epic mount - I still have netherstorm and some of shadowmoon to finish off questwise so ill probly use that to get the last 600 or so gold, would want any quests to go unfinished :)

Lots of IRL stuff though this semester! :)

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I got fed up of soloing on Xavius with my BE hunter, so rolled a new Draenei shaman called Wangzilla on Darksorrow instead. See how that goes. Shame because my hunter had the benefit of my undead priest wealth also on Xavius, meaning I didn't even bother buying and selling the rubbish mobs drop in the first 20 levels. Such a luxury.

19. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

I love undead, will of the forsaken and consume copses cant be beat.

Tags: