1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Cheap for a mechanical but surprisingly accurate to about 6 seconds a day. Good, solid, chunky build with a Miyota 8215 movement so no second hand hacking.

[​IMG]

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Ooh, nice sub homage. Solid movement too!

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Intending on buying one of these beautys next week!

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm not normally a fan of sponsored tie ins but that Red Bull one is kinda nice. The faded blues work with the thin bits of red.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

Mmm, that does all look quite striking together. Not a fan of the bracelet though.

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

There is far too much going on, both ugly!

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm a fan of the "lot going on" look in a watch. It must be a personal taste thing, eh? ;)

8. KidMod-Southpaw

I'm not normally, but the subdials do stand out quite nicely.

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

It says something about Breightling quality and accuracy when you see them worn by members of the Red arrow air display team my dream watch is the Breightling emergency although I am very happy with my Krug Baumen Sportsmaster Diamond

10. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

You don't reckon they get them supplied for free then?

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Of course it is :)

12. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Yep I totally agree despite quality many folk go on looks when they buy watches and other products I know my wife gill does its the as long as it looks good that's all that matters thing. Well yes Big Elf I may be a leprechaun and claim to be stupid but the stupid part is my sense of humour that's where it stays I realise they sponser the brand and most likely get the watches for free but they are my choice for the ultimate watch I guess it is personal choice at the end of the day. Anyway Im not sure if I posted my watches on here heres a picture, both of these are due a service, the Diamond one needs a new crystal front as it got damaged when I had a nasty turn while out and had to be rushed into A & E I am guessing it may be cheaper to get a new one

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Sep 2013
  13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Question for all you watch people.

Sapphire Crystal faces how resistant are they, I'm thinking about getting a new everyday watch (since my fuel band died) the one I'm looking at is the Oakley Minute machine titanium, wanted to know if I can get away with wearing it at work, mostly office work these days but I do still work in the Factory.

Cheers in advance.

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I wear my Rolex to work everyday and basically don't take it off and its scratch free, it often comes to the gym when I forget to take it off and its never had issues at the beach. I know of a guy who wears his while working on repairing clocks, and has never had an issue, even with the general banging, heat and sharp things that entails. Also, the crystal has lasted better than the enamel that surrounds the bezel, which shows just how tough it is.

The general idea with crystal is that its VERY hard to scratch, however if you bang it, it will crack. So when you're in the factory do you bang you wrists in the process of working? What kind of factory work are we talking?

Overall I would say the risks are slim of damaging it without getting into the realms of damaging the metal housing.

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Sheet metal fabrication, no banging, more worried about generally touching it with dirty hands possibly swarf from metal on your hands and then rubbing it kind of thing, I'm guessing you would have to bang it quite hard to crack it, general day to day knocks would be ok? not sure if anyone else does this but sometimes I catch my hand if I'm not paying attention when waking through the door stuff like that (makes me sound fat lol)
    We also mostly work with Aluminium so if your picking up a sheet of ali even it may brush it or touch it but would have big gloves on 90% of the time.

Found the Titanium Bracelet & copper dial for £581 which I think isn't bad but still a fair chunk for a watch IMO.

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I'd say you'll damage the watch in general faster than you'll damage the crystal in that case, and I'd say that will be quite slowly. The walking through doors really shouldn't be an issue, I do the same thing. The brushing issues I'd say shouldn't scratch the crystal.

Its not much to pay for a lifetime watch (classic looking watch like a Rolex, Omega, standard looking Breiting, Tag etc) however I would call this a fashion watch as its an oversize watch by the looks of things (4cm at its widest), and fashions tend to change.

Fashion (GQ) is currently saying that oversized watches are on their way out, and although this won't filter through for quite a few years to the "I don't follow fashion I like what I like" I'd say that this watch will start to look a bit dated in the next 2-3 years, so keep that in mind when you're thinking about the price. That said, if you really love it go for it, its a pretty impressive piece, and everywhere else I've seen has wanted £650.

Also have you tried it on? I wanted an Omega till I tried it on and realised it was just too big for my wrist, and I have fairly big wrists.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2013
  17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Cheers for the advise :), my next stop will be an Oakley Vault to try it and and see how it feels, I like it mainly because it looks like a tank lol, big dial is good for me so i can read the hands, I'm not a watch expert I just look at it from an engineering prospective and the sheer amount of work and parts gone into is just cool :D (I will have to really resist the urge to dismantle it lol)

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

How does Invicta stack up against the other watches here? I know they're not the greatest out there, but the list on my watch was extremely expensive from my POV (over $700 USD) and it's got most of the things I'd worry about in a watch-sapphire crystal, a comfortable band and it even says Swiss movement. (You can now tell just how much I know about watches.)

I wouldn't replace it for the world, the man who I can most rightly call my surrogate brother gave me the watch. If it were a $5 watch from Wal-Mart, it would have meaning to me. I just wonder whether they live up to the price on the tin, as it were.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

They don't. That's part of their marketing - a massive pricetag on permanent discount so it looks like the consumer is getting an awesome deal. Show me someone who paid full price on an Invicta and I'll show you a fool.

This is a concise summary of the brand.

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Picked this up today very pleased with it. OK not the most expensive in the world but very nice compared to my previous watch.

[​IMG]