1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other £95 of Amazon vouchers burning a hole...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by meandmymouth, 27 Feb 2017.

1. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

What should I buy? Got a few options and I just can't decide...

Eyeing up the Cooler Master Masterkey Pro S, but I don't need another keyboard (even though I really want a TKL, and I could sell my G610).

Could do with a quieter fan on my H60, so looking at a couple on Noctua fans (any other recommendations appreciated here).

Could add a couple R-Pi's to my cluster, that I still haven't full built yet.

Looking at a couple of cases (Silverstone DS380 and Lian Li PC-Q25) with HDD hot swap bays for a NAS (got 3x4TB drives and 8x2TB drives, so enough for 2 storage machines). I'm tempting by a 2U/3U rack case instead though to put in my lackrack.

Also looking at another 4TB drive.

Of course, I could just wait and not spend it... but that just feels wrong.

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I always found a case change to be a good money burner - changes up the look of your machine, keeps your PC building skills sharp, generally breathes a new bit of life into your overall setup and is always a good excuse for a proper clean up/dust removal.

I remember going through 3-4 cases a year sometimes, just to try out new manufactures and configurations.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm in exactly the same boat. I had a headphone amp for around 8 months or so. Then the left channel stopped working. This is the third I have had, all with the same issue. So Amazon are collecting it today. Any way, it was around £135 IIRC. The mind just goes nuts with all of the things I can buy haha. Still not decided. Managed to use another amp so not really looking to replace it either.

I gotta say I do fancy one of those Seagate Firecudas. Maybe a 1tb or 2tb. I also need a new gaming surface thinger, 'cause mine is mank. Oh and my kb and mouse wrist rest look nasty too.

I also want a feather duvet, new pillows (feather) and some stuffs for the house so I might be a good boy and get that stuff. Oh and some bath sheets that actually fit around my fat ass. We've got several but they are all as old as the hills.

4. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

My main machine would stay in the case that I've got (Fractal Arc Mini) but I have an ITX Asrock rack board, i3 and 16GB ECC doing nothing at the moment, as well as a PSU. Five of the 2TB drives are currently doing nothing, as it one of the 4TB drives.

Saying that, I have been looking for a new case for my main machine, and considered using the Fractal for a storage server, but I couldn't find a mATX case that I really wanted.

5. bsp

bsp Minimodder

They should be valid for ages. Ignore them. You'll NEED to make a purchase at some point (as often need to) and find it's nice to not have to spend as much/anything.

But then I'm relatively skint with very little in terms of spending money.