1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [12/07] Amaryllis

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by TNash, 20 Dec 2007.

1. TNash

TNash What's a Dremel?

Here's my first try for the "Red" POTM. Let me know what you think. I was afraid the DOF might be too short. Click for full-size.

[​IMG]

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nice :thumb: good colour and a nice restriction of contrast. I think if you over analyse it then you notice the DoF, but as a picture it works.

3. TNash

TNash What's a Dremel?

Thanks Bindi. I actually did take some others at f/8 but as I was moving around and changing lighting I forgot to take a higher DOF shot of this particular set-up.
    I finally got around to loading this up to the POTM site; I was caught up doing Christmas-y things.
    Oh, and I forgot EXIF data:
    This was from my Olympus E-510, 14-42 mm kit lens at 14 mm, f/3.5 at 1/25 sec.

4. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

Sorry to somewhat crash the thread - but thanks for posting the full-res shot. I've been interested in how that cam performs outside of reviews.

As for the photo, I'm with bindi. The smaller image where the DoF isn't as noticeable is really interesting. Then again the focus on the back draws your eye 'into' the image, which is also rather curious. OK now I can't stop looking at it :p

5. TNash

TNash What's a Dremel?

Thanks Boogle. I really like my E-510, I used Live View to set up this shot, it's actually really helpful when setting up tripod shots. The only complaint I have is the lack of lenses that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Tags: