1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abstractz0r! [Update 2/12/04]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Protius-X, 23 Aug 2004.

1. NOMIS

NOMIS What's a Dremel?

Wicked mod bro, love the window shape :)
    Looking good :>

2. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

Ok well I was laying in bed last night thinking of ideas and came up with something great! Ok, I have a piece of clear acrylic sitting on bedside table only small, a little scratched and no protective plastic. What I am going to do is have two small shapes and engrave, with my dremel, a power activity sign on one and the hdd activity sign on the other and have the leds light them up like a normal window etch. Hopefully the one LED for each will be enough. Well thats my idea, just trying to keep you all interested.

3. Protius-X

Update
    Well today I went and bought myself a nice little sander:
    Box
    [​IMG]
    Sander, dusty from sanding
    [​IMG]
    Sander case and supplies
    [​IMG]

So with my new sander guess what I did! Sanded!
    I hate sanding!
    [​IMG]
    After some sanding, I found some bubbles and what not and so tomorrow I'm gonna finish sanding and fix the holes etc. While I was taking pictures of my stuff I thought I'd take a picture of my main work station, a bench my dad made right next to the shed!
    [​IMG]
    Oh and heres my cat, though I'd take a picture of my pet, everyone else does!
    [​IMG]

Well thats my update!

4. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

I have the same :D
    only then in grey

i love my mouse's :hip:
    my logitech mx510
    my logitech dual optical
    my black & decker mouse

5. Protius-X

I'm still sanding and bondoing so I can get it JUST right so stay tuned for an update soon!

6. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

front hole looks badly, fan looks ... yeah...
    you can see half the blade and part the casing, it looks cheap.

7. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

HAHAHAHA!!! iv noticed that too. seems like every handled case you see has one on the front and one in the back :duh:

8. th3ory

th3ory What's a Dremel?

yeah noice side window cut

where aboot is australia u from?

harry

9. Protius-X

Thanks for the great compliments deadly-app! Must I remind you that this is my first mod and I'm still learning? Oh and didn't your mum tell you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? I mean sure you could say that its bad but you havn't even bothered to say how it should be fixed. So for you I say foad. Oh and th3ory I'm from brisbane.

10. deadly-app

now hey, i didnt flame you or anything, i was just pointing out it didnt look good, not to mention not as well for airflow.

Fix it up with some modders mesh, maybe a double layer on the front and the back of the plastic and bondo it to the plastic so it looks built into it.

Dont gotta flame me because i gave you some criticism.

11. Protius-X

Well if you've noticed my sig, I need mesh! But that sounds like a good idea, thanks. I'm also going to be cutting the visible metal and some how make it so you can't look on an angle and see the chassis throught the fan hole.

12. deadly-app

well that will help :) as for mesh, i picked some up off ebay, its pretty big-holed tho, so it wont look as good.

13. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

try getting mesh from a hardware store, or screening place (like windows and screens)

14. Protius-X

Well I've been told of a couple of places here in Australia in shops near my area. Just have to see what money I have and get to the places.

15. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I scored the mesh I'm using in the clean-up of my grandfather's estate. He used to be a glazier for a windows and alluminium place. (actually it's in strip form - for the gap on toilet windows).

My suggestion is to try a glass and alluminium place (G James would be the biggest but I reckon a better deal could be had from small places). You never know, the end of the roll (smaller than workable peice) could find it's way to you for free.

Good luck in the hunt. :thumb:

On another note, I kinda agree that the visible fan in the front hole is not flattering. With mesh tho, it will fit the whole theme of the case and look pretty kewl.

16. Protius-X

I was always gonna mesh it. Just the idea of bondo sounds good. My mum found a p3 board with bulging capacitors in the bin at her work brought it home and I'm gonna try and fix it.

17. Badaró

Badaró What's a Dremel?

Hi there, I've been watching these forums for quite a time, but never registered... I did it now because i thought I could help you somehow...

First, your mod is great... very original, that window is just cool! :)

Second, about the metal mesh: Here in Brazil people often use it in car tuning, and is easily found on stores that sell antenna (parabolic ones, don't know how you call it in english, sorry :blah: ).

Hope that helps you, and sorry about my terrible english :sigh:

18. Protius-X

^Yeah, I'm gonna have a look at some car places eventually when I have some more money since I'm buying a switch to go inside this and some capacitors to fix the p3 mobo that I'm hopefully going to fix to put in it.

19. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

Ahhah verry funny. That IBM case is the exact same is I have at my home. I wanted to use that one for my first mod but my dad din't want that so I took an other one. Looking good so for, gonna keep my eye on this one. :thumb:

20. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

looking good sofar :thumb: Hope to see some more updates soon.