1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Acer makes strides to take over the world

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Acer do make decent laptops, never looked at there other kit as it would be a cold day in hell before I would buy a pre-built desktop PC.

3. Matt_117

Matt_117 What's a Dremel?

The notebooks are nice and sleek to look at, unlike the performance after a re-install of the OS...

4. jswilson64

jswilson64 What's a Dremel?

I won't buy another one. My Aspire 5100-series is dog-slow, and out of the box wouldn't even work right half the time. I had to remove the Acer power-management software and install Notebook Hardware Control before it'd quit freezing up. It had something to do with the display brightness settings. Anyway, to ship a product that's crippled by its own software is unforgiveable (as is NewEgg's notebook return policy, but that's another story).

5. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

If Acer took some of their profits and invested it in decent customer support I would be happy for them... :/

6. FR34K

FR34K What's a Dremel?

Acer, last I hear, is or has bought out Gateway, which means Acer = Acer, Gateway, and eMachine

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay Acer low-end to about mid-range laptop/desktop are complete garbage BUT their upper mid-range to high-end laptop/desktop are pretty nice and even better when you look at the price to hardware ratio your getting the best bang for your buck compared to a lot of the other competitors so over not to shabby.

8. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

'Sif bring my mum in to it. :(

9. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

After taking 3 months to fix a hard drive under warranty, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone (the reason it took so long was because they kept on breaking the screen!)

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Wouldn't recommend Acer, always had bad experiences with em.

Had the UGLIEST beige pc cases anyone could design aswell :p

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I work at a computer shop where we used to sell lots of acer products, but now we sell hardly any acer's as we've had too many problems with them. My dad has/had an Aspire 5101AWLMI that he bought in feb, and its spent about 2 months away for repair in total since he's had it. Several times they just ran the restore disc when it had serious hardware/electrical problems. I wouldn't reccomend their laptops, but their turnaround on desktops is pretty good, and they do some nice monitors.

Tags: Add Tags