1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision doubts Battlefield 3 console performance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2011.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

For me I will not be buying Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 as they are just the same as the previous versions, with a new name slapped on the face of it.

Granted Battlefield 3 looks amazing but the multi player side of the game I will say now will be garbage, 2 or 3 game modes with Sniper Rifles not killing with 1 shot but requiring 4 or 5 just like Battlefield Bad Company 2 actually hitting them and the, hit marker coming up like what happens to me every time I try to play it.
    Pistol's killing you with 1 shot from what would effectively be 1 mile or more away, same with the shotgun's etc.
    Instant death as soon as you spawn because the map's are so one sided and you can lock a team in to there spawn so they can't move.
    Modern Warefare 3 or as I like to call it Call Of Duty Modern Cheatfest 3, will be full of people using Aimbot's and Wallhack's, full of lag and the typical Quick Scoping moron's spoiling the game, with Assault Rifle users being outgunned by a pistol etc biggest problem Steam and VAC dictating when you can and cannot play your game and letting the cheaters run riot as it can't ban them.

The whole of gaming is dead for me now, to many crappy console ports to many games using the worthless anti cheat system know as VAC.

I just wish I had seen all this lot before I spent £1300 on the upgrades for my pc and spent the money instead on a new mountain bike, and beer atleast that would have been more entertaining than any of these games are going to be.

Kotick or what ever his name is worried about Battlefield 3 simply because of the release date, and the fact that at the moment it will be more appealing to the pc gamers than MW3 but let's not be stupid here and just remember, MW3 will easily outsell Battlefield 3 because of the die hard console fan's of the Call Of Duty Series.

Maybe if Dice release a new version of Medal Of Honor that isn't a direct copy of Battlefield, with just a new name but the same game types and the exact same flaws etc and take Medal Of Honor back to the good old days of it where it actually was able to compete with Call Of Duty, then maybe Kotick will be more worried about that for obvious reason's considering I would rather play MOH than COD because it's a far better game except for the last one because that was not MOH it was BFBC2 with MOH slapped on the disc.

Maybe if a console manufacturer releases a keyboard and mouse for there system, then PC gaming will die because people won't see the need to spend hundred's or thousands of pounds on a pc just to play the latest game, as they will be able to spend £300 and play them just fine.

I want to see PC gaming survive and get to where it use to be but I don't see it happening hence why I want a keyboard and mouse for a console, and then I will save money but I don't have to worry about playing a crappy looking game on a pc because the developers decided the pc is not worthy of a better game.

2. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

The COD mob are justifiably worried because BF3 has clearly set itself up to kick them in the balls with its release day. Can't see why the consoles won't be able to handle it though, looks mostly scripted and whatnot.

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

As soon as I heard the first few lines. I stopped and realised the mountain of text was garbage.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Seriously this guy needs to be gagged. Every time he opens his mouth he comes out with some crap.

5. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

So......much......LOL

Its endless LOL.
    LOL at Activision running scared.
    LOL at them admitting that consoles may not be good enough to run upcoming titles.
    LOL at the realisation that games look better on PC and activision have been using ugly xbox versions for their trailers.

The tide is turning folks.
    BF3 should win the retail war (over COD) and maybe a few more people will start to return to PC gaming. :D

Back, however, in the real world........lets just think for a second.
    Is BF3 really going to win? How many COD fans are there playing consoles? Millions.
    Ask a 15 year old xbox player, who has never played PC games before whether he is more excited about COD:MW3 or BF3..... THEN punch him on the nose.

BF3 WILL win the PC war. I am yet to be convinced it will win the console war. And sadly, that is where activision see their future.

I can see it now. Everyone buys BF3 on PC. Activision sell 4 copies of MW3 on PC and then announce that PC gaming is completely dead.
    Hopefully EA and Dice will then say - "actually we made a mint out of BF3 you short sighted twerps".
    But first we have to hope that people go and buy it, and its not ruined by it appearing on "most downloaded torrents....ever" within a few hours of release.

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

He said he's only seen BF3 on PC. How is that crap? And why am i even defending Bobby Kotick?

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I get the distinct impression the only thing you play is military FPS multiplayer?

In which case... yeah, unless BF3 is good you're pretty buggered!

8. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

But Modern Warfare 3 may have dedicated server support.

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Do not feed the trolls I guess.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

'If it’s just a PC title, as it looks like today, that’s just a small audience to participate,'

That's crap imo. And yes, why are you defending him lol? Report to the Duty Sargent for your (RBI) punishment Private!

11. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Who gives a **** what he says? Personally I think he is right (we *are* a small fraction of the total audience for FPS games, and the xbox BF3 is going to be seriously stripped down) but what he says has no bearing on my life. Stop worrying and enjoy life.

12. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

after playing only COD for many years. i will deffo be getting BF3 this time. after blackops i was not impress.

13. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

Interesting, but have you seen the full qoute of what he actually said?

"So far I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 on a PC, I haven’t seen it on a console where the bulk of our business is. Mmmm, this is great crack I'm smoking" Kotick told CNBC

:D

14. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Geez you guys had a pretty rabid response to this, talk about easily baited.

Running scared? Please. All Kotick is doing is replying to the EA smack talk. They know that the MW brand has enough of the console user base locked down that it would take several duds for those sales to transfer to BF, it certainly isn't going to happen from one game. Especially since we all know it won't look That much better on consoles compared to MW3.

BF3 will be a better game. I would bet my first born that it won't sell as much as MW3. That doesn't affect your enjoyment BF3, if anything it enhances it. Less CoD tards in your multiplayer. You get your PC master race FPS you've been waiting for since Crysis no matter what Kotick says, so stop being so reactionary.

15. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It's a shame you're "buying" an expensive PC just for gaming. I have an expensive PC I use for many purposes. A console will play expensive games and that is all (apart from multimedia play). On a PC I can setup a realistic flighstim like a10 from DCS, Simulator X with REX 2.0 and ORBX scenery (look it up on youtube) and use my pc as a music creation tool as well. The sony PS3 was hyped before release and sold by sony as a "supercomputer that will do more than just play games". For a while people were installing linux on it but of course sony didn't approve of that because in actual fact they want the now dated PS3 just to be a games platform they have total control over.

Whether you recognise it or not (you don't), BF3 represents a turning point in terms of game realism and we will be seeing a new level of cinematic gameplay with ever sophisticated character and environmental realism. There will be people out there who complain the multiplayer isn't what they want it to be, others play the game for the cinematic experience it brings and they care so much about whether or not the play is perfectly balanced. I played BC2 in single player and have played it online multi. Like it a lot.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2011
  16. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

I'm a PC gamer and I always will be but unfortunately I agree with his comments. At the end of the day the PC is a small market when compared to the console market. If you compare the FPS genre (which is obviously what this game is), the PCs biggest of all time is probably Half-Life which according to vgchartz has sold 7.85 millions copies. Now compare this to the latest COD game (BLOPS). It has sold over 20 million copies on the PS3 and XBOX combined (just over 1 million on PC, but then it was total rubbish on PC). Now, we can probably assume that BF3 won't sell close to 8 million copies (well not straight away anyway) like HL has done. If it managed 4 million on the PC it would be doing EXTREMELY well but this is still likely to be only a fifth of what the console market achieves based on the COD numbers. I am starting to make assumptions on how much BF3 will sell on the PC but I think you get the idea on the market size..

In order for BF3 to conquer the crap that is COD, it has to run smooth and be very usable with a controller on the consoles. Hopefully DICE will be able to disprove his comments and show it running amazingly on all formats.

I can't wait for BF3. Role on the beta!

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Because sometimes people are ready to turn into rabid wolves just because they don't like the person talking.

Fact of the matter is that EA's made its own jabs at MW3 and Activision's making some jabs back. What's more he may not be entirely wrong, Bad Company 2 didn't do nearly as well on consoles as MW2 despite good sales on PC and falls far behind in total sales as well. Why should BF3 do much better? Will anyone here be buying BF3 on a console? I sure as hell won't be and doubt many Battlefield fans will, fans of the series are primarily PC gamers coming from the previous PC only games (I don't think it should even be offered on consoles in the first place). It seems entirely reasonable to question the console performance of the game.

And on a side note to many in the thread, Call of Duty games have sold more than Battlefield games. Wahhh. Don't get so butthurt just because games you don't like are more successful than the ones you do like. If you think your game is better then enjoy it and stop whining when people don't agree with you. Calmly knowing we have the better games and don't need massive sales to make ourselves feel better is a hallmark of the superior PC gamer. :thumb:

18. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Aw, don't be so hard on little Activision... poor *******s, they're only trolling because they know all too well that EA is about to tear them some new buttholes with BF3.

19. tcool93

tcool93 -----

'If it’s just a PC title, as it looks like today, that’s just a small audience to participate,' he added.
    ------------------

Any true gamer would play it on a PC, not a console. I also disagree with his comment about PC's being a small audience. They are idiots if they think that.

PC's have many more features than any console does, and that is fact. Especially for shooter games like this, and mmorpg games.

Some game makers like to hype up consoles because they know they can rip people off with extremely high prices for console games.

20. DbD

DbD Minimodder

Being as most steam users have HL your basically saying there are less then 10 million steam users.

OR ...

vgchartz is just an approximation which doesn't include download (i.e. steam), and doesn't count when it's bundled in some pack (e.g. orange box). So in fact it wouldn't surprise me if there were > 20 million HL sales.

Tags: Add Tags