1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Alternative to Logitech K800?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Springs, 3 Aug 2018.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

is there an alternative to the logitech K800?

I currently have one but some of the keys have stopped working. I'm speaking to logitech's support about it but i feel it's going to cost me some money to have it possibly repaired.

the key points for the keyboard are the backlight and that it's wireless.

2. jenners

jenners What's a Dremel?

i think your problem will be the wireless part not the backlight.

plenty of keyboards out their lit up but not wireless.
    you have a budget as well?

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

not really. but i guess no more than £80 - £100 as thats what the K800 costs.

It's more to see if there are actually any alternative ones to consider.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nope, no alternative exists.
    High quality + scissor switches + wireless + backlit + exists in UK layout is 100% unique to the K800.

If they are talking about repair then get the case assigned to someone else as the person you are talking to has zero clue about Logitech procedures.
    Logitech doesn't do repairs, any returned product immediately goes in the bin as a repair would be far more expensive than just sending you a brand spanking new one under the warranty.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2018
  5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

well finally got a response back from logitech. They are going to replace it under Warranty which is good. tbh i didn't even think it had any warranty left being that it's near enough 2+ years old

i thought they might have asked for it back for repairs in the first place but i guess in this day and age everything is built to be replaced.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

£100 Sticker price:
    20% of it is VAT
    Knock off another £20 as profit margin (unrealistically low amount but doesn't matter)
    Knock off £10 for shipping the broken one to them and half the product price is gone.

And how would you repair a keyboard at a cost of less than £50?
    You need to maintain a warehouse full of spares and with the money left after paying for that you then need to pay someone who is qualified to diagnose, repair and test it...

So no chance for a repair to be cheaper than a replacement.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2018