1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Any other sim racers out there?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nescafe, 18 Aug 2010.

1. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Who of you on here play racing simulators online?What games do you play and are you a member of any leagues??

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Tried a few but I was put off by the horrible dated graphics, all those pixels just hurt my eyes.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got a G25, and a dedicated computer/monitor/speaker setup and pedal/wheel assembly purely for racing games.

Yet I don't play it, :(

I practice tracks when I'm going on a trackday, but thats pretty much it.

Got rFactor, although I don't like it much due to the overly complicated menu system
    Also GTR Evo which is good.

But as with erratum, the slightly old graphics are what kills it a bit for me, and the fact that when I did try online on GTR Evo, I got punted off at the first corner.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im currently playing a full season in the EOAA GT series mod for rFactor Highly recommend it although you need GTR2 for it to install.

The graphics are great as far as rfactor goes and the actual racing is right up there imo, If you havent tried it give it a go.

imo GTR EVO is a noob version of GTR/GTR2 it seems to be full of people that like to play bumper cars:sigh:

5. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

I've not played it for ages but Live For Speed used to be the boss.

Is it still going strong?

6. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

hmmm i have never liked live for speed to be honest. The people i race with( the simjunkies) i are all serious racers and most of them are about 30 years old so theres no childish driving going on. We play GTR2 with the Power and Glory mod, GT Legends, rFactor with various mods and we also use all the race series games including raceon. We also have servers for arma2 and Operation Arrowhead.

7. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I'm quite a heavy sim racer... rFactor is probably the best for me as its so versatile. I used to love GTR Evolution but as I play others I find it isn't actually that realistic.

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

F1 2002 is still my favourite racing game.

It's without a doubt bloody brilliant and when played in full on sim mode, extremely difficult/fun and whilst I have absolutely no idea what driving an F1 car is like, I imagine it's pretty realistic!

9. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

what wheels do you guys use?

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

G25 for me, its currently in the design stages of a mod though, i going for the full F1 style wheel including extra buttons :thumb: when i get the time to get it all sorted that is! So im using an xbox controller for the time being:sigh::sigh:

I also quite enjoy the clio/megane rFactor mods, generally the drivers ive played against online have been good but theres always somebody thats a little 'iffy'

11. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Driving Force GT for me... was planning to get a G25 but couldn't justify the extra hundred quid just for a clutch pedal - particularly when you can change gear in games like GTR Evo without the need for a clutch, even with auto clutch disabled :/

12. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Ahhh yes you say that sexton but with the clutch you can get a much quicker start of the line. Also its just the overall feel of the g25 and g27 that make them awsome.Ihad a g25 for a couple of years but i am using a G27 at the moment.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Now that I would love to see, got a build-log? I've been thinking of doing one myself, for the upcoming F1 game.

14. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Still mess around on GT Legends - although dated it is still great fun.

Only got a Logitech Formula Force as I couldn't justify the price of a MOMO at the time.

I sometimes fire up GTR2 but only to play offline.

15. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

Rfactor for me with a g25 would like another monitor so I can go for three way setup. Graphics don't annoy me but the EOAA gt ai is deadly it loves to just pretend you are not there been a prob with most mods for rfactor to be honest though.

Anyone know a good setup guide? I looked at the race2play one but can't afford to pay to have full access.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2010
  16. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

I play Trackmania Nations Forever. Not really a simulator but it's great fun.