1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone had experience with dialaphone.co.uk?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadow_101, 12 Sep 2007.

1. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

As the subject really, I’m not too sure on the website, it seems a bit suspect and the old rule of if it looks to good to be true, then it properly is. (I’m referring to there offers of PS3's and Wii's free with contracts)

dialaphone.co.uk

if anyone’s purchased from here or knows any information on the site it would be greatly appreciated.

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

its not too good to be true... its too rip off....

35£ per month? thats just insane bad... if you dont talk atleast one hour per day with the mobile (only outgoing calls count though) its not worth getting such an extreme expensive contract.

honestly, if your job would require you to make outgoing calls that often and long you should ask your boss to get you a mobile for free for business use.
    if you dont make outgoing calls for alteast one hour per day, get a cheaper contract. 35£ is a rip off for non very heavy users.

other companies do similar deals too... free phone,free console, plenty of free minutes and texts, but at the same 35£ per month rip off.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As long as you have evidence of a contract between you and the company, and have read all the small print, I'd say go for it. If you need a contract for like £35 a month then why not get a free PS3 with it?

4. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Bad? My current phone bill is between £25-£53 a month, which is usually related to how many arguments with misses I’m having that week... but anyway!

The contract i was looking at was the £28.12, 600 mins 600 texts and Wii (18 Months – Nokia 6300).

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I've used dial-a-phone in the past but only for the cashback offers.
    Never had a problem with them, in fact, neither have 4 other family members :)

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

The agents at my old work used to call them dial a pirate (along with pirates4U guess who) as they tend to promise the earth with regards to discount tariffs to get you to sign up then leave no notes on the internal system. So when a punter phoned up to find out why their bill was £35 (for example) when they had been promised a £15 for the first 6 months the agents would take a lot of stick from the punter but couldn't do any thing since there was no information on the sytem the rules effectively meant that the customer was probably at it and were charged full whack. Even though the agents knew that pirates probably done it on purpose the punter ended up being stuck on a super expensive tariff which probably suited the telco but since it was out source didn't really benefit us.

7. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Originally bought my vodafone contract through them. Then Vodafone bought the contract back from them I think. They made it sound like vodafone bought dialaphone but obviously not.
    If you check http://www.allianzschemes.co.uk/insuranceschemes/mobileTechnology.htm you will see that allianz are actually partnered with them.

They are legit. That doesn't mean they will have good customer service though! When I was with them though they seemed fine. Were very cheap too.

8. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Just an update if anyone was interested I decided not to go with dialaphone, they wouldn’t post to my office and they wouldn’t let anyone else sign for it. I used there offer on the o2 disconnections line to wangle a good deal on the Sony P1i...now attempting to find/write software for it!

Thanks for your help