1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone know of 'brain in a vat' PC mod?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Datulab, 17 Mar 2021.

1. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

I've had this idea floating around in my head of a really cool PC mod. It seems kinda obvious, but I wasn't able to find anyone who has attempted it before. So before I go ahead on the journey just to find out later that it has been done before, I thought I'd ask the hivemind. If anyone has done it before, someone here must have heard of it.

The idea is the SciFi concept of having a brain in a vat connected to a computer, except the brain is the computer and it's in a vat of mineral oil. The computer controlling it would be where the radiator to cool the oil is housed.

I was able to find many mineral oil-cooled PCs, but the only one even close to this idea was a Raspberry Pi in a vat.

So if anyone knows of a mod like this, please let me know (even if it's just the brain in a vat, without the mineral oil craziness)

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm pretty sure I've seen something, but not very well done.
    Think I found one. Edit: NVM, it's just a prop in front of his computer.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2021
  3. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Thanks for sharing anyhow, definitely the closest to what I have in mind I've seen.

4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

there was one posted on hardocd eons ago he put a big plastic brain in a small box tank filled with clearish greengoo only other think i can remeber is it was btx styelied system back when they were a thing

5. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

I 3d printed a brain the other night ! a tiny one tho !! to rib a work mate.... doing a half brain next :p

GL with the mod

Datulab likes this.