1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays AOC Q3279VWF

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-23315, 27 May 2018.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

After much deliberating about size and resolution, I decided to take the plunge on a similar model from Acer: EB321HQUAwidp.

It probably has the exact same IPS panel as the AOC, and Amazon are currently selling it for £179.99 in their Black Friday deals section. I'm not expecting miracles but for a £250 display to be down to £180 I simply couldn't refuse. I'm expecting delivery on Tuesday so will let y'all know how I get on with it.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Monitor came before midday today and I set it up very quickly with DisplayPort. First impressions are very good - probably much like those of the folks who bought the AOC display.

Viewing angles aren't quite as good as the U3014 and I'm pretty sure that colour fidelity is gonna be a bit lower (as you'd expect when comparing a £250 screen with a £1200 one), however for general use and for gaming this monitor is sensational. I'm so used to using a 30" display that the 31.5" doesn't feel gargantuan, but I can assure you that if you're going from 24" or 27" to this size of screen you'll get a big shock.

The AOC is still £199 at Amazon however this Acer has jumped back up to £282 since I bought it for £180, so I'm chuffed I bagged it when I did!

I'll need to make some sort of a shelf for the monitor but the good ol' dictionary will suffice for now.

[​IMG]

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

yeah 32" is odd at first. I came from a 28", and I found on the 32 I actually had to turn my head to see it all. Which was an odd feeling at first, but one I soon grew to like. It's gaming where a bigger screen shines, IMO.