1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple sued over display quality

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 21 May 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'm not going to jump to conclusions one way or another, but out of interest, how long have you had your MacBook, Brett?

It's entirely feasible that there has been a product refresh, or panels are now being sourced from a different company, and that's the problem. I guess it depends how long this has been 'in the works' for... something which I don't know, so again I'm just speculating. :)

3. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

what paradigm says is true if you take as example dell... they first revision of lcd usually have ton of issues banding leaking dead pixels etc... after 2 o 3 revision the lcds are great maybe is the same with this mac book

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

but backwards it seems

5. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Somebody optimized their screenmaking process a bit too much and it backfired?

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Actually it works both ways. I seem to remember that one of the new Samsung widescreen panels used an 8-bit display when it was released, and when they updated it slightly it started using a 6-bit instead...

Might be remembering it wrong, though.

7. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Some people have waaaay to much time on their hands... :duh:

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well of course Mac OSX has worst graphics then Windows Vista....
    Look, everything on the MacOS is white... you have 1 color! :p
    I'm just kidding here.

9. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing that not enough readers of this particular site own a macbook to canvas a real variety of opinions..

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well you don't see many Mac over-clockers and Mac gamers these day's ;)

---- OFF TOPIC ----
    Yes it's a bit off topic but link a bit.
    In my opinion, Apple should STOP doing Mac computers, they should simply sell MacOS for anyone to buy. This it's great!

People that cannot afford, and don't see the potential or usefulness of a high-end computer (eg: my parents, you of course don't play games, and do computer programing), and go with a low end computer, and also go with a nice MacOS ...OS, were it's easy to use for them. And people that would like more flexibility and gamers, or simply like the Windows look-and-feel can go with Windows.

Apple can still make their iPhone and Ipod (and uTV.... I mean eTV... I mean TV X3000, I mean iTV now)

Mac or PC's are just as stables (hardware wise), and they both work with 1 and 0's, why should they be apart. Apple can gain a bigger market this way, and MS will have competition (which is good for any industry and consumers)

------ END -----

Last edited: 21 May 2007
  11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

I suggest you take a dive in the Apple forum... And be surprised...

12. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

i'v had a MacBook Pro for all of 5 days now, and i thing the Glossy screen looks great.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Odd, I only noticed a grainy look on my MBPs screen when it's in Windows (and only via Boot Camp which I've long since uninstalled). Except for the dust under the screen that conspicuously showed up after sending in the thing for service (and even more the second time, utterly failing to remove the first bit that I pointed out).

14. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

Ive seen the problem once out of the what...500 macbooks I've repaired....Replaced the lcd and it was fine. Personally I think the macbook pro lcds are horrible...

15. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I own a macbook. Havent noticed any issues with the screen. But its not my usual laptop, so I havent used it *that* much.

But then again, I dont believe they are good enough to advertise as superior to all the other ones out there. I find my Dell XPS M1210 about the same as this one. But I guess I should try it in daylight as well before making up my mind.

Tags: Add Tags