1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus has GeForce 9400 Hybrid SLI Intel mobo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

One can only hope that the Geforce 9400 will use elss power than previous nvidia chipsets because otherwise the energy saving of hybrid sli would go to waste.

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Interesting but might be a better fit for a micro ATX or smaller board (to make a simple internet appliance). What would be even better would be a full distro that could start from that quick boot, loading parts as needed.

What bothers me is only one full PCIe slot. I know most other add in cards will work at 1x but it would be nice to have more available just in case you wanted to add a full hardware RAID controller, a second graphics card, etc.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2008
  4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Awesome. I've been waiting for these!

5. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

That is a pretty terrible board layout. Also what is the point of having a VGA output? Why not 1 HDMI and 1 DVI-I (just include an adapter). This is still pretty cool none the less. I jumped off the Nvidia bandwagon though in favor of a 3870. Maybe ATI will wake up and do something similar.

6. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

I'm interested to get the source for EG - maybe we can finally get a bare-bones Linux that boots in less than 15 years!

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Because DVI can't output HD video (in my experience) and while vga maybe old, it can display HD video and can display it at 1080p or 1920*1080 (also in my experience) but i do agree on the HDMI, this in some respects should be standard now.
    With the board layout, why do Asus insist on putting the 24pin atx power cable on that side of the board, its in the way, and annoying. Asus, if your reading this, move it back to the other side!!!! please, for our sake at least.

Sam

8. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

SAS Support? As in Serial Attached SCSI?? :eyebrow:

If nVIDIA doesn't add two dual-link DVI plugs (or, why not, DisplayPort) on the motherboard and support dual-display in HybridPower mode, I won't be buying these motherboards. :wallbash:

9. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Quite my reaction. Why no mention of this? The sticker was big enough!

10. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Single link DVI has a max res of 1920 × 1200 @ 60 Hz. So 1080p comes close but is under that. I am not sure what trouble you had, but I assure you it had nothing to to with the DVI link.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

what the hell is that chip that makes the memory go lower down the board?

Tags: Add Tags