1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DRM explained

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Jan 2010.

1. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

I pirate games to try them out before I fork over 60 bucks (sometimes higher) of my money to find that it's complete crap. If I download it and it's complete crap, I won't buy it, and no money is loss.

Has anyone noticed that demos are becoming no more and game plots, stories are getting crappier? It's because its what publishers want. They want to publish a game as soon as possible, and with no demo, they don't have to worry about people finding out it's a crappy game, so they fork over the 60 bucks for it, find it's a crappy game and have no way of getting their money back.

It's becoming a con artists dreams. I shall continue to pirate until publishers understand they can't keep doing this and DRMs are a joke.

2. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If I was to go there it would only be to spit in their face and yell about how many great games they have ruined. A dam monkey could probably run that company better lol.

3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yep sounds like a good system to me, sounds well thought out and fair.

4. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

As DRM goes its not the most evil i've seen...

5. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

Well I'm usually really anti DRM as I have multiple windows installs and play my games on which ever one is loaded and this system to me sounds prefectly good, I do not see any problems as you can just use the disc all the time and not have to worry about online or do it online and then reactive in 27 years time or whenever you install it on your second pc, or third or fourth or fifth or even sixth and seventh and eighth and nineth and tenth and if you have more than that many computers then you can afford to but more than one copy... I really don't see what the issue is with this, Its not like you have to install gfwl like gta which was a pita....

Tags: Add Tags