1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF2 Exp Boycott!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kye, 19 Jul 2005.

1. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

there are games with bugs, then there are buggy games and then and only then are there EA Games :p
    just a few examples, RTCW was a game with bugs, had a few patches, mostly they were good, nothing too bad happened
    soldner was a buggy game, it was really ********ing buggy had loads of issues, never fixed
    BF2 is an Ea game... its buggy as ********, the patches just break more ********

i still play it because even with the bugs its still fun, but the list of issues it has are immense

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

cause they are the ONLY sports titles avaliable because EA has exclusive contracts with stuff like NFL, baseball etc. It's a baseless argument to state they are the best when they are the ONLY ones.
    And they fact they consume small business' and stifle competition is not a problem to you? Fair enough, enjoy your either EA or Ubi game by 2010 if you dont want FPS that is.
    Time splitters or Halo? FIFA or Pro Evo? Hmm i know which is more popular.

3. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

The industry's beef with EA has little to do with the fact that they publish so many games and more to do with the pressure they put on developers and their ability to buy out their competitors, thus creating a monopoly.

The moment EA went bad is when they couldn't compete with RenderWare...so they bought them.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is exactly what i mean. That and then they churn out Renderware titles with half the support and twice the bugs because getting a game to market is more important and profitable than ironing it out first.

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'm not talking about them producing the BEST games, but they do produce/publish many good games. Bare in mind that the tastes of the hardcore gamer do not match the tastes of many of the game buying unwashed. As for sports monopoly, well I agree about the fact they have the exclusive right being unfair - but that doesn't stop other publishers/companies coming out with better products. You mention the Pro Evo series yourself. I concur that EA (in some cases) has the market cornered in some respects and this is indeed unhealthy for any industry, but as I have already said that does not really justify the way they are frequently attacked on online message boards. In many cases, the evidence is anecdotal and based on vague assumptions. In the case of BF2, sure there are some series hardware issues that need addressed that affect a portion (but not the majority) of users. But why take a game with a few faults so personally? I've seen people (for instance) on Planet Battlefield get so angry, it makes me think that some people need to get their lives in perspective. For many thousands of gamers, BF2 is a reliable, bug free experience. Sure for a number of other people, it isn't. But this seems no different to CS:Soure, or UT2004, or MOHAA, or COD and the problems many people faced when playing those games online. As I've said already however, because in this case BF2 is published by EA, that is seen as almost the mark of the devil and reason enough to become worked into some kind of hysterical frenzy as a result.

6. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Well, I stopped by EA games a while ago, after buying one of them and having losts of trouble, and tried to get support.

This company has the worst support of any company I have ever dealt with.
    They never reply, the problems reported never get fixed, there completely useless, in my opinion.

I am one of those that does not buy products from compaies that I consider to provider poor support/service.

Alternatively, I am now getting good support from ncsoft the makers of GuildWars :D

7. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I love the games EA releases (their RTS games have been a stroke of genius due to their takeover of westwood), but I hate EA in and of itself. The way they chose to support (or not support) their released products is absurd, and they really don't care...

Once they have milked the industry for all it's worth with one game, it gets dumped (support and patches become hard to come by) and they produce a new turd wrapped with a pretty bow.

I doubt EA cares that a bunch of people will refuse to buy the expantion, I doubt they will even notice. I for one am not going to boycott the expantion because I feel it would be cutting off my nose to spite my face, I'd be depriving myself of a possibly fun addon for little to no return :(

Good luck.

8. TMM

TMM Modder

the solution is to get the expansion without any money going to EA *hint* *hint*

9. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Surely you're not suggesting piracy, seeing as it's against the forum rules and all...

Then again maybe you're suggesting theft, which isn't piracy and iirc not against the forum rules :p

Tags: