1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bionic Commando PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 22 Jul 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Thanks for the heads up.

So another stinker of a port with a few bells and whistles in the PC version but overall still a pile of crud.

Slow clap for Capcom. Oh and the abusive character to character chatter sounds annoying and a throwback to games that you would rather forget. Referring to the 360 controller all the time is lazy coding and poor testing... unless they state on the box that a 360 controller is the recommended way to play this game which I doubt.

This console generation is now 4 years old and yet it still hangs around the neck of the PC like a dead weight. Im not sure the PC is ever going to break free from it either (unless you like MMO or RTS games which the PC has AAA class titles coming such as Starcraft 2 and SupCom 2)

In this months Custom PC magazine (got my subscriber copy yesterday) there is a good article about games porting from consoles to PC etc and what goes into it. (A lot of work in some cases). Good read.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

There is not one third person console port to the PC that was 'good'. The people who where thinking it was good are the same people that play such games on a console anyway. Why would you want to look at some game characters 'behind' all day anyway (unless its Lara). The character is always blocking your view and gets in the way of your view. And most of the time you are trying to move in such way, the obscure useless camera angles, somehow work for you.

Last edited: 22 Jul 2009
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I disagree: Dead Space was great even though it was 3rd person.

Oh, and I agree that we are the luckier ones when it comes to FPS, RPG or RTS games. But sports games are so much more fun with controllers.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

GTA series are third person and it's pretty good. including GTA 4 if you didn't experience technical difficulties.

it's a shame developers don't put enough effort porting to PC. CapCom's ports almost always feels like a console game. Lost Planet and DMC both had a PC menu and a "normal" game menu. it's not how a port should be done.

this 4 year old console generation can be said is currently at it's prime. perhaps this is why PC releases are being shuffled aside? i hope in 2 years time, PC releases will come back on top when this generation of console is nearing to an end.

6. [USRF]Obiwan

Yeah especialy racing games on a PC with a MOMO F1 Forcefeedback steering wheel and pedals...
    :p

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you dissapoint me obiwan. its clearly a G25 :D

8. [USRF]Obiwan

That is a nice wheel I agree :)

9. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

This game is a lousy, but enjoyable console port. I don't like that they didn't even bother porting the 'press x y' etc stuff, but the game play is fun. I'm 73% done ATM and I feel pretty good about the gameplay.

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have always said shooters were best on PC, no matter how crap they are, guess I am still right.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yes, you are... and always will be.

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Yep, the precision and accuracy of a mouse is un-rivaled, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Third person console to PC?

Hitman Blood Money was pretty damned good.

Tags: Add Tags