1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Blackberry email: how to not have it pushed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ShakeyJake, 18 Mar 2012.

1. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Hey all,

I have a blackberry 9700 that I like but I recently bought an android tablet and it's very annoying to get email notifications twice. Seeing as how if I'm in the house I'm on the tablet and when I'm out I don't care too much about email is there any way to make the blackberry only check my email when I ask it to?

I know I can just unlink my account and use gmail through the blackberry's web browser but that's not an ideal solution.

Thanks,
    Jack

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

No, the blackberry OTA sync is always on.

I think you can set some kind of 'time-of-day' in the profiles to automatically change the alert status of certain new items - or you can set up a profile whereby you get no audible alert for a new email which you can put your phone into manually.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Why do you use a Blackberry when you don't want a Blackberry (=push system) ? :D

Googling around... This doesn't help ?

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

use imap on the tablet and blackberry

it syncs with other applications/devices, so if it's marked as read on your blackberry, it will be marked as read on your tablet.

look here

Last edited: 20 Mar 2012
  5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If memory serves you can change the time between email refreshes, so you could set it to every hour or even longer say once a day or ven never I can't fully remember I havent had a BB in several months and used the email push system all the time.

6. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Well I've had it set up so that there's no alert for a while, I suppose that's the best I can get away with. Rich, it's my gmail so it syncs pretty well across the two devices anyway. Cant wait for the contract to be up. I love blackberrys and always have but a smartphone just seems redundant with the tablet now. Next one will undoubtedly be android.

Thanks guys :)