1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bulletstorm Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Feb 2011.

1. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Hmm I think I'll give this one a pass.

2. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

re Cliffy B and his input on the game. AFAIK the developer was People Can Fly and their lead designer is Adrian Chmielarz. Epic used Cliffy B to talk about the game simply because he is much more familiar to most gamers, especially in the West. Also Epic is publishing the game, so having a well known face, associated with Gears of War (like it or not, the game sold and has a massive fanbase, the beta will probably help shift a few copies of Bulletstorm as well) was probably seen as they way to get attention from the media. I had the impression from interviews with him and the People Can Fly staff that his actual input on the game has been rather minimal.

From seeing Gears of War, I think Cliffy's fantasies include lots of testosterone fulled American Space Marines in grey and gritty envirnoments. I think Bulletstorm is not taking itself seriously and it makes it a far better game imho. I will deffinately buy it whenever it lands in the bargain bin since I'm currently completely broke. I'd buy it on release if I had funds to spare :(

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Sell a kidney. Or testicle!

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Good, I look forward to playing it soon!

It may just be me, but the first image of the article doesn't work (no enlarged picture). By the way, what resolution were you playing it at? The pictures are huge!

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I thought Painkiller was excellent, so I'll at least be checking the demo out for this.

Plus Pete J is correct, the first screeny doesn't expand properly.

6. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I remember first playing Condemned and being annoyed I could not jump, I mean it's an FPS, you HAVE to be able to jump, right??? But in fairness I did soon forget about it and ended up really enjoying the game and played it to completion.

7. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

If I did that I wouldn't be manly enough to take in all the super-charged testosterone flowing from the monitor.

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Loved Painkiller, awesome game, got Bulletstorm ordered from D2D for £23, non too shoddy.

9. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Can someone clear this up for me? Is it just the console version that doesn't have jump or all versions? I might be giving the demo a go soon so I guess I'll find out..

10. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

There's no jump key on PC either, but you don't need one. You press Space to either sprint, double-tap it to slide, or press it when next to cover to leap over it (but it's not your GoW type cover system, it's only for jumping over).

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Demo needed then.

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

lack of co-op killed it for me tbh, a £10 purchase methinks

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I was hoping for a co-op mode too. Does sound like fun though (downloaded the demo last night, but didn't get a chance to play as the little one wanted to play Lego Harry Potter :wallbash: )

14. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

I don't see the point rushing out to buy this at full price. Maybe if it had a proper mutliplayer feature I would (and if Cliffy B, the egotistical loser that he is, didn't post some sarcastic comments on tweeter about PC Gamers, with regard to there being no demo on PC), but it doesn't.

It will still be the same game in 6 months, all be it with a lot more DLC and probably some patches. The only reason I'd buy a game on release day was if I was genuinely excited about its release and there was a emphasis on Multiplayer that I feel I would miss out on if I didn't experience it when it was still fresh.

15. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm not bothered by it not having single player or even co-op. Sometimes it's nice to buy a game without some tacked on MP maps and just enjoy the SP experience in your own time.

16. impar

impar Minimodder

17. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I can't even play it right now because of the graphical bugs.

18. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

5,760px × 3,450px screenshots ...

How ????

19. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Ugh they messed up the PC version eh? Guess 'Duty Calls' for the dev team to patch it.

20. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I amplaying right now and have no problems with the graphics per se...
    But the game is far from good!

I is a visual mess and the game itself isn't that fun. I would give it a 7 at most. The game is soh visually polluted that in a fast scene it is hard to say where to look at.

If you have to choose, Dead Space 2 is better. And I didn't like Dead Space 1.

Tags: Add Tags