1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Jan 2008.

1. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Bad Bit-tech! was trying to hold off buying this game for a while, but now i've read this i'll probably buy it tomorrow ^_^

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Same here... :(

It took me to the page where someone mentioned "L1" and "L2" i got confused, and 2 pages further i realised it was for a damn console.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

...it does say at the top of the 1st page as well what platforms it's on

4. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Lack of offline MP is a total deal-killer for me - such a shame :(

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I wish the multiplayer was cross console compatible, I'm the only one of my friends who has the PS3 :(

If anyone wants a game by the way, my online ID is willblack

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Did buy it, and have been playing it for several hours.

One of the best driving games i've ever played! Ridiculously silly fun :D

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I've played E4 for 4hr45mins so far and haven't finished this ONE round!

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

lack of off-line gaming = fail.....

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

fixt :)

Non-issue for me, though. My sisters came over yesterday, so of course I popped the PS3 on and they had a blast playing the demo, careening round the small part of Paradise City! Somewhere needs to have this on offer though - anyone used RenChi?

10. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

i'v played the demo, and becasue of the freeride system it has put me off geting burnout Paradise.

11. inflatable

inflatable What's a Dremel?

I have 2 issues with this review, where the reviewer tries to put the PS3 version above the Xbox 360 version..

1. The PS3 admittedly more powerful then the Xbox 360? Only in theory.. In practice there hasn't been a game yet on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 that showed the PS3 is really more powerfull.. Infact a lot of multiplatform games turn out to look a little bit better on the Xbox 360 because it has a slightly better memory and GPU archictecture (check out this DMC4 comparison for example).. Yes, the PS3 in theory has the better CPU, but any (PC) gamer knows almost all games are mainly GPU/memory limited, not CPU limited (expect in some RTS games, or at very low resolutions)..

2. Sixaxis pulling the PS3 version ahead of the Xbox 360 one? Really, Sixaxis is nice, but personally I prefer having rumble in games like this.. Again this doesn't put the PS3 version above the Xbox 360 one at all, for me at least..

Both versions are pretty much the same.. I know because I have both consoles, and played the demo of the game on both..

12. will.

It's not a theory. In terms of raw power the PS3 wins out (If you asked the people who designed the guts of the 360 I bet even they would tell you that). Currently though developers are struggling to get to grips with the thing and so games are coming out that look very similar in both formats. It's easier to just port the game than try and remake it specifically for each machine. For those reasons, comparisons are absolutely pointless if you are trying to asses the machines power. If you want to compare a games graphics on each system, by all means compare away.
    I've seen both versions as well (on the same TV) and the 360 doesn't quite have that same polish to it in my opinion. Just little things that really are not that noticeable on a conscious level if you aren't actually looking.

13. inflatable

inflatable What's a Dremel?

will, if those comparisons are pointsless then benchmarks on the PC are also pointless.. They are not, because it's the only way to measure the performance of hardware.. So if gamecomparisons between Xbox 360 and PS3 don't show any real differences then there are no real differences despite what theory there is about any possible performance difference as far as I'm concerned.. And then there's the famous 'developers still don't fully understand the PS3" excuse.. Well, the PS3 also has been out for well over a year now, and still there are no differences.. Compare that to the situation between the Xbox and PS2 last-gen, when the Xbox was clearly more powerfull right from the start and that situation never changed.. I don't really see the PS3 get ahead of the Xbox 360 all of a sudden when developers find some "hidden power" or something..

But besides all that, both consoles are already well behind what my PC can do again, so in the end it doesn't really matter which console is more powerfull.. In terms of pure power and graphical might the PC remains king.. The Xbox 360 held up for about a year, and the PS3 was bassicly already obsolete when it was released..

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

the problem is that companies like to save money, taking advantage of the ps3's technology would require different code... its cheaper to to just patch it to compatible than develop for it.

15. will.

They are completely pointless! Do you remember the first ps2/xbox/ps1/n64 game? Then do you remember some of the games coming out near the end of their life cycles? They got immensely better! This is the same with ALL consoles as developers learn new tricks. For that reason, comparing two games on different systems before everything in each machine has been used to full potential cannot be used as a measure for which console is the better. The only reason sites like Gametrailers do it is to fuel the flames that little fanboys love to fire at each other.

Also, I believe that Burnout Paradise was actually made for the PS3 and then ported to the 360. Which is probably why when looked at purely from a visual point of view (not comparing the guts of the machines) the PS3 version does look better! It just does. Not by much, but it is a difference.

The end.

16. Ecks

Ecks Promycin

About this in the article: "...and that there seemed to be no way to cancel your entry other than losing..."

Actually, when you enter an event and want to cancel it, just hit the brakes and stay totally still for a few seconds, and the event will be cancelled.

17. will.

Or showtime.

Tags: Add Tags