1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Buying Webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpaceBaby, 2 Jan 2011.

1. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

Well i am looking to buy a webcam to use on stuff like Skype and was wondering if i could get some help finding one.

i have £20-£25 to spend, dont want to spend more than that. but not sure how good a quality an image you will get from it.

so as usual i will come here, a place i know there will be someone who knows a lot more about the subject than i do and a guy at curys will.

Last edited: 2 Jan 2011
  2. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

£25.00 gets you the Logitech C310 HD. Currently on offer at PC World, which shockingly make its the cheapest.

If you go a little higher, the Microsoft lifecam cinema is an awesome lens, but costs more at 35.00 at ebuyer, and the software is not as good as Logitech.

Nothing else to consider at that price. Imho

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt What's a Dremel?

A logitech C120 will set you back $25 AU and is 1.3 MP

I'd also advise you to look at ebay

4. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Are the microphones on these things good enough for use in skype/ vent etc or is a proper mic needed?

5. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

The built in mic is usually fine for Skype, but it kinda depends on how it's being used, e.g. what else is in the room, where is the cam placed, etc. If you're using it in a fairly normal fashion (cam on monitor, about 2-3 feet tops from you) you should be fine.

6. Bertiee

Bertiee What's a Dremel?

Just to hi-jack this - can anyone suggest something around the £15 mark? All I'll be using it for is Skype so it doesn't need to be fantastic, but I might as well get the best I can for the money.