1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certifications

Discussion in 'General' started by brianpodskalny, 29 Jan 2002.

1. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

im wondering what certicifations you guys have out there, in the way of networking (soon to be my course of study at college) or anything else computer realated. just curious.

2. Slink

Slink B7

Starting a 2 year course in september,
    Computer maintnence and repair,

Should be fun / interesting

will post pics:rofl:

3. kanes

kanes What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 25 Jan 2009
  4. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

i have a two year program in multimedia production-courseware development...with a common first year technology before it.....(was going to do computer science...thought multimedia would be more fun)

http://www.northatlantic.nf.ca

best thing was i got to travel over seas and do a work term in ireland the summer of 99......lots of pics from that trip on my website-see sig below

5. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

yeah im going to a 2 year school for networking, hopefully get my MSCE there. im almost to my A+ cert, just need to learn the new stuff cuz im using older CDRoms. im supposed to take some tast at the end of this year for some utterly useless one too, so useless i dont even know the name of it. but i guess it looks good on a resume and its free thanks to my schools attempt to make up for the complete lack of technology programs up to this point.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

GCSE IT/Tech.. and i know more about hardware then the ppl i worked with in the IT department of a big international corporation in the summer :rolleyes: They were like "so what's this ... "overclocking?" then?? Why do you.. umm.. "mod" a case?? AMD are faster then a p4?? No way!!"

True i know FA about networking, but i learn fast :D

7. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

MCSE+I
    CCA (Certified Citrix Administrator)
    CCSE (Checkpoint Certified Security Expert)
    CCSA (Checkpoint Certified Security Admin)

Although I'm sure the last three are close to being out of date soon..

8. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Im doing a MCSD but that nothing to with hardware ;)

9. Slink

Slink B7

Then in the end, ill be teaching them, and getting a city n guilds etc:D

10. R121

R121 What's a Dremel?

GNVQ advance computing
    A+
    ECDL
    MCP in NT4
    2 exams away form MCSE 2000
    3 Exams away form MCSA 2000
    1/2 way through CCNA

Last edited: 29 Jan 2002
  11. relix

relix Minimodder

-> neeeeeeeeaaaaaaattttt!!! and to have test subjects, can you smash PC's???????? neeeeaaaaaaattttt!!

12. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

*sigh* Im currently on a 1 year course - GNVQ ICT Intermediate.

Arse. Complete arse. I hate it. Advanced was full at the teim with a big waiting list, so i settled for this. Mind you advacned can't have been much better. I really want to do a networking course. not MCSE obviously. Any recommendations? Im 16 atm fyi.

13. JebJoya

JebJoya What's a Dremel?

Well, a while ago I made my prelim. A-level decisions. They may be changing very soon, as I may not be able to cope...
    Maths (AS+A2)
    Further Maths (AS+A2)
    Chemistry (AS+A2)
    Physics (AS+A2)
    Biology (AS not A2 (AS is all plants:( and DNA:) ))

Hoping to do some sort of IT-type course for Uni, but still very undecided, anyone with any suggestions (inc should I change Bio AS for Government+Politics AS? hmm...) would be useful

Jeb
    (got any idea which band is behind my sig?)

14. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

as long as u goto school... unlike me :p .... then u should be fine, but it is quite a big workload and fmaths can be quite stressfull :p
    what grades are you likely to be predicted for all 4.5 ?? cause the uni choice is just as important as about the course
    personally i've only applied for straight compsci, but if your interested in programming software engineering might be more appropriate?

15. linear

linear Minimodder

CSA

Certified SmartAss.

16. JebJoya

JebJoya What's a Dremel?

Cor blimey, im only in Year 11! Well, I should get most A* and then some A in GCSEs, and if I work at it I ought to get As in my AS/A2s. Still got time though...

Thanks

Jeb
    (anyone got the band yet?)

17. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Okay im currently doing GNVQ ICT intermediate (piss easy) - Advanced at the time was full with a large waiting list)

In a few weeks ill be getting the ECDL European Computer Driving License - wtf?)

I want to do A+ - and move on to MCSE - But do I need to/should I do GNVQ ICT Adv. first?

18. R121

R121 What's a Dremel?

Mojo even GNVQ ICT intermediate is piss easy BUT it is worth doing because if you dont want to go to uni now you might want to in the future so it is better to keep your options open. As for A+ TRUST me it is not that hard i done mine in 5 weeks with very litter Revision your first step is to do the a+ hardware exam should take 2 days if that of revision to pass it.

19. Jaz

Jaz Banned

MCSE's and A+'s won't support you on their own, do a GNVQ or a BTEC, then go on to a HND/Degree course. MCSE and A+ add a little bonus to your pay packet (sometimes) they also look good for promotion. MCSE's cost a ****load so maybe you should wait and get your company to pay for you. CCNA's are extremely hard. If you want to go into networking, i suggest you get one of them.

20. Shak

Shak What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 21 May 2006