1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chernobyl

Discussion in 'Serious' started by smashie, 15 Apr 2004.

1. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Interesting thing about Chernobyl is that they just covered reactor 4 in metres of concrete and I believe the rest are STILL running (I saw it on some documentary ages ago when I use to watch late night learning zone).

I also thought Hiroshima was a touch like Dresden. i.e. US/Britain knew that the country was on the verge of surrender and would anyway, but thought it'd be useful to drop an A-Bomb to finish it off...

(or in Dresden, drop incendaries on a residential area casuing SOOOO many deaths and then claim they were trying to disrupt a railway - I mean, railways don't even burn)

People - including myself - just don't really understand how bad war really is. A few photographs help hit it home...

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/thisiswar/

2. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

The whole thing about the Japanese being on the verge of surrender is a myth. There is absolutely no evidence for it outside of certain less than reliable websites.

There is no way the Japanes would have surrendered where it not for the bombs.

3. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

HOw can "civilised" people become so callous in their judgement of people, it may have stopped the war but that doesn't make it right.

If you were the pilot that dropped this container of death, pain and suffering on these people i don't think you would be quite as blase about your response.

***WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES***
    Burns from the war stopping terror

in particular the picture of the carbonised body, i find it hard to justify your comments of "putting the jiummy japs in their place"

you sicken me

Last edited by a moderator: 2 May 2004
  4. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

i think they shut the last 2 reactors down in 2000. the 3rd was shut down earlier.

"Energy shortages necessitated the continued operation of one of them (unit 3) until December 2000. (Unit 2 was shut down after a turbine hall fire in 1991, and unit 1 at the end of 1997.)"

http://www.uic.com.au/nip22.htm

5. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i have seen the pilot who dropped the weapons and i assure you he was as blase as some of the idiots on here. he was a hick.someone who was hatred of foreners ground into him ,an american who thinks they are always right.he talked of how he helped 'aim' the bomb.of how he was right to drop it on unarmed women and children.he made me sick.he told of how he was proud of what he did.of how it was a great triumph over the 'japs'.**** him.lets do something .take Bogomip and stew out into a field and let them run around with no guns while we sit in a bomber thousands of feet above them .armed with a 'tactical nuke'.we'll drop it on them and see how they like it. people bigots like them make me sick.

6. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Cheers Shepps, like I say - saw it on TV awhile ago, so the situation's changed.

Glad they decided to turn them off...

7. curme

curme Minimodder

Now, it seems that this has been proven a hoax. In a nutshell, she and her husband did go there, but not on a motorcycle and not in the detail they said they did. STORY

8. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

:eyebrow: Whether it was a hoax or not, i still found it interesting i for one am glad she did it.

9. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

So if the story was faked, so what? the accident happened, the details of the accident are correct (and lots of people are dead or dying) the phrase "there but for the grace of God go I" fits quite well. The photography is great, it's a very good reminder of how bad mankind can ****up :waah:

10. curme

curme Minimodder

Um, lying is not nice. To deceive people while trying to make a point, belittles the point you are trying to make.