1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Chrome hits beta for Linux, Mac

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. scrimple3D

scrimple3D What's a Dremel?

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Had a play with Chrome on OSX, and i made the mistake of importing bookmarks from Safari and now i can't get rid of a couple, on matter what i try, a tad annoying, thus, i made sure i didn't make the same mistake with Firefox. One thing i have noticed in my quest to rid of my Bookmarks, is there is no Bookmarks manager like there is in the Windows version, but i guess i will have to wait for Google to develop it a bit more.

Sam

4. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

ill get this for my netbook with ubuntu on, simply for the slightly larger viewing area it offers over FF for what i use it for.

5. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

The extensions thing on Mac sucks. I've been using the official developers preview of Chrome (not Chromium) on my MacBook for a few months now, and they only took out(!) the extensions-functionality a couple of builds ago :( As far as I could see, it worked perfectly! (Even though there was no way to access the extension manager without going to chrome://extensions, which you can still do, btw)

Meh.. And I hope they bring back fullscreen soon as well.

6. riggs

riggs ^_^

How substantial is the extension library for Chrome? I mean, I'm on a Mac anyway so it doesn't really matter at the moment, but my main FF extensions (that I can't live without) are;
    Xmarks - bookmark sync/backup
    Downthemall - download manager
    linkification - turns non-href urls into clickable links

I'd be tempted to convert if anything like the above exists. Well, eventually convert...if/when extension support becomes available.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Firefox works better than any other browser in fullscreen, try that out.

8. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Chrome + linux = cheesecake. I'd been running Iron (another Chromium port) for a while, but the official Chrome build is a lot smoother.

9. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

I'll be sticking with Opera

10. Ziegfried

Ziegfried What's a Dremel?

Does anyone knows how to make Flash and Java works on the linux version? I'm using OpenSuse 11.1, both plugins are working on Firefox but not in Chrome. And I can't find the plugins directory...

Tags: Add Tags