1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Cooler Master "Mastercase Racing" 5 / Pro Custom PC, FINAL Update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 10 Mar 2016.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd have thought by now we'd have moved away from riveting everything into place... seems very 2004 Chieftec Dragon of them, particularly with those mid-plates and people very often replacing them with something custom nowadays.

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

From a manufacturers standpoint,it a far superior fixing method than bolts,cheaper and almost 0 chance of failure. Its very easy to see why they use them. If someone can make themselves a midplate then a few rivets are not going to cause concern. My interest in this is that CM have marketed this case as modular but used rivets.....doesnt seem right to me.

While fans are on topic,I use a small bit of insulating tape over the hole so the clip has nowhere to go,the magnet is a good idea...wont work on EK Vardars tho,the clip is plastic on those.

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

@jojo, Thanks buddy!

@Mankz, it baffled me as to why CM used rivets too, btw, Havent heard from you in awhile, hope everything is good!

@BNEG, good tip! and riveting also saves in production costs, easier and faster for factory assembly workers over screws

HAPPY EASTER! :clap:

4. keenan

keenan Minimodder

Outstanding Bill! Can't wait to see the finished result..

5. C3PU

C3PU What's a Dremel?

Top class as usual.

6. mnpctech

Thank you for tuning in and commenting guys! I scored this Gigabyte OC Force Z87X MB from a friend. Just need water block for the CPU. Still debating on GPU(s)

[​IMG]

7. mnpctech

Some of you may find this guide I made over this weekend of interest. I rattle bomb a PC chassis with Plastikote's Engine Enamel paint. Great low cost alternative!

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

[​IMG] rep

-'Spring' in Minnesota, still in a coat and cap. :lol:

9. mnpctech

LOL, we finally hit 60F yesterday, hopefully it stays :worried:

10. noobas4urus

noobas4urus What's a Dremel?

As long as it's not -20F it's spring here. Looking forward to seeing this one in person Bill!

11. arduum

arduum Minimodder

I like this project!:rock::thumb:

Reminds "gulf" poject

12. mnpctech

@noobas4urus, right on man!

@ardumm, thanks for tuning in and commenting!

I'm juggling time between my build and this deepcool genome build for computex atm

[​IMG]

13. mnpctech

14. mnpctech

Yes, I'm alive. Thank you for being patient. I had to halt progress on my build to fulfill commitments for Computex. Over the past 3 weeks I bought on 4790K for $225 shipped and $300 for reference GTX 980 on Ebay auctions. Fyi: Prices on used 980s are falling on Ebay as people upgrade to 1080s. I have one more build to finish, and I'll back on the track with this one!

Here is the PC I created for Deepcool's booth at Computex, http://mnpctech.com/deepcool-genome-gamerstorm-mid-tower-atx-gaming-case-review.html

[​IMG]

15. mnpctech

The extended holiday has bought me some time to work on my build. I recently scored EK water block for the Gigabyte OC force motherboard. It directly cools Intel Z87 southbridge (PCH), PLX PEX 8474 PCIe lane splitter as well as power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module. This will also compliment the stainless steel liquid lines nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ToddK

ToddK What's a Dremel?

You guys and your amazing paint... :thumb:

17. mnpctech

Thanks Todd! On that note, it hurt to make the 3/4" hole into the paint to route the 316 stainless steel pc liquid cooling tube from the front radiator, but it just makes sense this way. I need to pick-up a bottle of the GULF Blue paint, so I can touch up the exposed steel in the hole. I modified one of the INLET/OUTLET black rubber grommets from NZXT Phantom to finish the mid section hole. Last night I bent the first SS tube of the loop. The stainless steel compression fittings are my own design. I wanted fitting that discreet in size and matched the tubing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mnpctech Stainless Steel 1/2" OD Compression Hardline Fitting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mnpctech

Just a small update as my free time to work on this is getting more scarce. I've been bending the tubing and learning the ways of the Stainless Jedi. I love the look of stainless steel. It echos the fuel and brake lines on race cars, but has it's own learning curve. In retrospect, the scale of PC chassis is just too small for the 1-1/2" bends you get with the SS bending mandrels I've found.. Suppose I could go thicker wall and make custom mandrel, but I'll try 3/8" OD instead of 1/2" OD next time.

Specs: Stainless T-304/304L, Seamless Tube, 0.5" x 0.035" x 0.43"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Quantum-192

Quantum-192 What's a Dremel?

Bill it certainly is a thing of beauty with that paint job and the MNPCTEC stainless fittings look awesome - you displayed them on Sunday's Monkey Video and I was impressed with their simple but effective style.

Now, you just need to do them in brass and for 12mm tube and I know a build they would drop straight in very nicely :D

20. mnpctech

How many fittings in 12mm and what grade is the Brass?

and Thank you! and glad to hear you watched the hangout, too :D