1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Creative X-Fi gaming mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 2 Oct 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I prefer the second version of it.

3. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

That case got realy smashed up :sigh: Love the end result though. Great work :thumb:

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

So how much did the carrier get charged for the breakage then? Going by a rate of say £25 an hour for repairs... :dremel:

5. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

for the hard disk to have got corupted it must have been hit very hard. I'm not a fan of transparent cases (apart from orca3) as they usualy look messy so I prefer the amp mod. This is still a very cool mod though :D

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Great work as always So I take it, that it's not going to be sent back via the same courier? Or do they keep it?
    Who did you use as courier? So we here at bit can avoid using them as they destroyed bits case.

7. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Great job but crappy traveling...Maybe fil the case with foam peanuts?

8. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Heehee, I believe they're Bulgin.

Great mod and even better getting 2 modders to collaborate!

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

holly mother of god!!!! that rocks, the carrier should blow up in a strange horrible way for smashing it up, and thank god he did it so it could be further improved :p

10. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

wow, thats a nice save-job. I would have given up and downd a bottle of pills if that happened to me.

11. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

I love both cases, that sucks realy bad. Really a great job :D

12. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

As it was said before, the second version is much better, almost good that the first one was destroyed (Only kidding :D ) As usual top notch work :thumb:

13. customh

customh conflagration.

I think both were great!! I hope the carrier gets what he deserves...

14. MightyMouse

MightyMouse What's a Dremel?

I actually liked the first version. Although the front of the motherboard side looked a bit empty. The shots from the top right on the first version are great.

15. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Awesome job on both! IMHO the first one is the goods - though only by a little. :rock:

If only Chris' version had've had the opportunity to be shot professionally in a studio like Dave's version... :sigh:

Oh and tm36usa, some things you just don't joke about. Whichever case you think is 'better' (despite it not being a competition!) I don't see creative approaching you to build cases for 'em. If you'd like to send me your pride and joy rig, I'll happily smash it up and send it back and say 'well, good thing it broke'. Chris was devastated by what happened and his not modding most of this year is, I suspect, one result. I was shocked when I saw the pics - for any one who puts a lot of time and effort into their own mods, this scenario is worst-nightmare stuff. :(

I don't know if many people realise the time pressure and restrictions these (and most commercial) cases were/are produced under. To produce what are essentially two complete mods, to this standard, in the time they had is nothing short of incredible. I'd never be able to do it - few in these forums could - and I take my hat off to them. :dremel:

Last edited: 2 Oct 2006
  16. customh

customh conflagration.

I was going to say something to that effect that its just not right to dis him like that, precisely the reason why i didnt pick favorites because i can imagine the hurt when his pride and joy went to crap like that. Well said g-gnome.

17. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Top work from both modders. Once again this is work so far out of my league I can only sit back and watch with my jaw wide open.

18. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

wow, almost a year between the first case and the second being posted, well i guess better late then never. I thought this "series" of mods sorta died. I really like both the cases but prefer the originality of the Amp Case.

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Brilliant work! Top notch stuff from both guys!

20. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Hello. New here.

I pretty much decided to sign up because I want to ask who the carrier was (I will come back though :D this is a great site).

Can't it be said for legal reasons etc? That was a terrible mess, all that hard work. I hope there was some real big begging and compensation.

Tags: Add Tags