1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Daily Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by Daniel114, 7 May 2008.

1. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

What a twatish family

If she has that problem controling her kids now wait till there teenagers :wallbash:

3. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

couldnt get a more middle class sounding family :p poor little phoebe and her cello! I blame inefective parenting, you can't blame the kids for playing on the DS at dinner if SHE LET THEM.... just take it away from them. Or just have a few hours in the after noon when they can use it.... come on its not rocket science

4. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Most of the argueing would've been avoided if she'd gotten each one their own one. It's a simple fact...if one sibling starts playing on a toy the other one wants to do it and the fighting ensues. It was (and still is!) exactly the same with my brother and I...

5. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

indeed, I thought it was odd she only bought one..

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Why is it that everytime a parent reads something along the lines of "this will help you educate your kids" they expect "this will take over education of your kids, worry-free and your kids will become smarter, more succesful and nicer to eachother". :rolleyes:

The problem is getting them a DS as a 'family device'... come on, you really CANNOT expect children to 'lovingly hand the thing down' without thouroughly conditioning them first... probably to the point where local authorities step in.

I am from a family such as this. My father loathes anything that needs to be plugged into the electrical net, with a reasoning much like the above. Bought a console and expected to get some sort of "plug & pray education supercharger".

Computers are TOOLS. TOOLS goddannit, not teachers!

7. Major

Major Guest

Saw this on Kotoku, I posted a nice comment, but not one has been posted, twats.

8. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i'm sorry that's not middle class, that's attempted middle class.

all her children look like they're troublemakers anyway, this 10 minutes music practice me lark is where she distributes the ASD medicine
    "The 'toy' caused endless rows, sessions of screaming and increasingly regular parental punishments." - should have bought them one each as mentioned before, cheapskate cow

9. Major

Major Guest

And to be honest, buying 4 children ONE DS is just asking for trouble anyway, it's like buying one McDonalds meal for 4 people, everyone is going to argue what bit they want.

She just wants publicity and wants to feel good because she donated it to charity, oh give this woman a bloody medal.

10. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Its just that its the quintessential Daily Mail story.

1. Create a situation that is bound to create conflict, i.e. introduce Exhibit A to a group of 4 infants, all struggling for dominance

2. Replace Exhibit A with whatever the current (or last seasons if your a Technologically naive Daily Mail journalist) media whipping boy is

3. Bang!!! Exhibit A is bad, prove this by removing Exhibit A from equation and restoring world peace. Don't bother trying to understand the basic reasoning of why Exhibit A created a problem in a group situation, simply label it as Evil and remove it... I mean what else could it be?

11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Half-assed parenting at its worst. give her a slap/put the kids into care.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

As I said in another Daily Mail Thread...

The Daily Mail is an excuse for a paper.
    Its also an excuse for bog roll aswell.

Go read the Times instead..

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

eeek a murdoch rag, not an awful lot better, just better disguised.

14. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Actually I have to admit if I'm going on a long journey I choose the DM as it's thicker and has volumetrically more reading material, and random stories, than the others. Then there's the Coffee Break bits too :D

15. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

the only situation where papers like this (in holland we have the 'Telegraaf') are prefered are when one is stuck in the wild. These papers are conciderably thicker, so they yield more wipes per paper :D

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

The daily mail ruins paper to the point where it cant even be used to wipe your a** anymore.

Failure #1: they make it sound as if that one case would apply to all of the world.
    Failure #2: it's a non story, seriously, I dont give a **** if some children fight over a toy.
    Failure #3: Absence of common sense, the parents are too lazy to do their job properly and try to blame it on technology.
    Failure #4: They overhype everything.

17. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Who fact checks this ****? Especially since the whole article revolves around Brain Trainer [sic].

Oh, and she imported from Hong Hong. With 20 games included. For £150. I'm sure Nintendo won't be overjoyed about that.

Also, bitch doesn't know how to parent.

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Why take this seriously? It's a joke paper, waste of energy to get riled up about it.

Murdoch right wing ******** spewing excuse? Go read a good paper, or better yet none at all, they're all biased.

19. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Someone should smack that bitch and welcome her to the 21´st century where kids dont parent themselves, and where one "toy" is not enough for 4 kids.

20. dom_

dom_ --->

Jim Hacker (the Prime Minister): "Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers.
    The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
    The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
    The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
    The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
    The Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
    The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
    And the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."

Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?"

Bernard Woolley: "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

Tags: