1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Decent sounding headphones, on a budget

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 21 Mar 2019.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I find myself looking for a new pair of headphones because I've been a total idiot. I didn't think for one moment our stupid puppy would chew the cable, causing the left side to go dead. How wrong was I and how right was Mrs. Behemoth (she doesn't know yet)

I am looking to replace my Sony MDR-XB950AP. I paid £55 for them pretty much four years ago. They have been (in my opinion) a stunning sounding set. I went for these as I tend to like things on the bass heavy side (I like to feel the music aswell as hear it)

The fact that they also work as a microphone when plugged into my phone is a really great bonus.

I've got a budget of £50. Main uses are listening to music, playing games on my laptop, TV shows etc and using them with my phone when I'm out and about. The emphasis being on they do need to be quite punchy where bass is concerned.

I have found on ebay used, and refurbished exactly as I have now, but something about used or refurbished feels a but yucky in my own mind. You just don't know who's been using them!

Brand wiseI'm pretty flexible, I won't go anywhere near beats. On my main PC I'm running a pair of Sennheiser HD 598's but with a stupidly long cable they aren't ideal around the dog.

So in short I am looking for something of reasonable quality, decent sounding, decent bass, decent brand that won't break the bank oh and nothing that says the word gaming on it or any RGB nonsense.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

MadGinga likes this.