1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Desktop wireless card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by popotheflyingpanda, 17 Mar 2009.

1. popotheflyingpanda

popotheflyingpanda What IS a Dremel?

Hello,
    I am looking for a wireless card for my comp. Currently I have a 60 ft ethernet going down the hall to my dad's router and its a hassle when I go to a friends to undo it all so... :wallbash:
    I need recommendations for a pci wireless card, not usb, and perferable under $100
    I have poked around but nothing sticks out.
    Please help

2. DarkCreep

DarkCreep What's a Dremel?

Im a REAL big fan of the D-link G and N series cards. You dont need to get the super expensive ones, just basic G and N. They are cheap and really effective. You can get two N's for $100 lol.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you're not transferring files within your network at home, any type of wireless will do.

I've had a browse of newegg, and this looks pretty decent - replaceable aerial so you can get a high-gain antenna if necessary, low profile if you need it to go next to a graphics card, and pretty cheap.

If you do want to transfer files, you'll be needing an N adapter, and I haven't tried any of those, so can't really recommend anything, other than sticking to the big brands; Belkin, Netgear, D-link, Linksys, etc

Tags: