1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The banner (no pun) when Iron Banner starts tells you it's only for 1 week and when it ends (likewise all the events show an end date/time on their banner). I guess the problem is some people just dismiss it without reading it. Hiding Xur was brought back because so many people cried when it was on the map where he was. They said it was too casual and to be fair this way helps both crowds cos you can go search for him if you want, or just have a service tell you ( I follow a XurBot on twitter and have them on some discords). The reset times don't change, so everyone just knows them. Resets happen at 17:00 GMT daily or weekly on Tuesdays. Whisper of the Worm is on Io from Friday to Monday resets.

I don't know that it's new people not picking up motes because this wasn't really an issue when it was beta and new to everyone and these are not low rank people. It's almost like there's a reason for it. Maybe they got shouted at for stealing motes so thought fine, I'll leave them!

Only one Primeval spawns. It spawns with 2 Primeval Envoys (Wizards) and a bunch of little Taken. You absolutely, definitely, positively should kill the envoys before firing at the Primeval otherwise you're a bad team-mate and I'll poke you with knives!

2. oscy

oscy Modder

Does Lake of Shadows strike always bug out or is me and whoever I'm playing with missing something? Twice now near the start where you have to shoot the blights, and there's that stairwell with all the black holes blasting out the walls, nothing happens and the way is blocked.

3. rma

rma Minimodder

The game certainly hasn't explained why you should do that, care to elucidate?

4. oscy

oscy Modder

When one of the envoys are killed, gambit fella will say the primeval's compromised, so he takes more damage.

Once both are killed, a super power will kill it easily. That's when you see their health bar suddenly disappear!

Last edited: 23 Nov 2018
  5. Hex

I think I know where you mean. You have to kill the Taken major (Exsanguinator?) in the lower area down the stairs before the Taken shield dissipates and you can walk through.
    Well, the Primeval Envoys are majors (unless you're using colour-blind settings they have yellow health bars), which always means they're important. When you kill one you'll notice text on the left of your screen saying "Primeval Slayer", if you've killed them both and some adds you'll see something like "Primeval Slayer x4". Now it's up to you how to interpret it. I always explain it as a buff, but technically it's not a buff, but it weakens the Primeval making it really easy to kill. I wouldn't suggest popping your super on a Primeval until you have at least Primeval Slayer x4. When you have that though, they just melt. If you've been against an enemy team that seemed to just burn the entire Primeval health bar down in 2s... that's what they did. It's incredibly frustrating when people focus the Primeval and waste their supers before we've killed the envoys.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Just played on a team with a guy who lost 57 motes. :worried:

Hex likes this.
  7. Hex

I actually managed to complete Legend in 4 matches even with losses. Double XP helped a lot! So of course, now my friend is trying to get me to go for a 3rd rank reset before Tuesday :D Might have been almost doable if I'd been able to get on at all today instead of being stuck downloading a game for work over and over and over again... :sigh:

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Managed to get Thunderlord (burned through a load of old weapons/armour stored in my vault) to get enough shards to buy cheap crap engrams.

9. oscy

oscy Modder

My vault is completely clear now I know what weapons I like. :grin:

Played with a guy called White in Gambit and he just camped the gate. And kept coming back with 0 kills. I wish chat was better or you could PM, 'cause I was pointing this out...

10. Hex

You can. Click on name and choose 'whisper'. Most people will ignore chat because in all games it is a toxic cesspool.

11. Hex

Hefty update for Season of the Forge (5)! Looking forward to The Black Armory next week too. Only just hopping in now because I don't have amazing Internet speeds :waah:

12. oscy

oscy Modder

Latest Gambit fun involved being 15 motes away from the Primeval, and the one guy left to bank having 15 motes... so he stayed over there doing something, then waded into the next battle. He can't even pick up any motes...

We lost barely, and won the next round. So we would've won 2-0, not lost 2-1.

I right-clicked his name, but no option to 'whisper'.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2018
  13. Hex

They might have their chat set to only accept whispers from friends and clan. I'm tempted to do that...

14. oscy

oscy Modder

I thought there was more to the Dreaming City but I guess there isn't any big finish there, other than everything getting corrupted and invaded.

I was playing a mission a few weeks ago trying to grind through with my 505 or so light, but couldn't kill the 2 ogres with the staircase that winds around. I've come back now, but I can't find that mission now or remember what it was called, I'm guessing it was timed and not really an important story mission to continue the game.

So have I won the game now?

15. Hex

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say from that post, I don't think Destiny is the right game for you ;)

There's constantly things to do, it never really stops. You have to pick up bounties and quests from PV in The Dreaming City. There are certain missions from her that change every week. There's new activities at the moment with Saboteurs roaming around everywhere (be aware some are really high level, we're talking 605 for the Forge ones that drop Black Armory weapons). In DC, there are ascendant challenges, ascendant chests to find, cats to feed, weekly Spider bounties, Triumphs to complete, gear to acquire, worms to kill, etc.

I am disappointed with some of the chests in DC though. The ones where you have to find the three arc charges to open them don't give you anything special. Just normal chest stuff. And don't get me started on the new event in Rheasilva with Phuura the Taken Ogre you spawn from killing Saboteurs. I tried to solo that event and it is brutal! The chest has nothing good in it at all :( Don't even bother soloing it.

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Got my friend playing it, because he got it free on battlenet, and introduced him to the game by the worst way possible! Straight in to PVP ha ha he hated it.

We are now on the campaign and got to teach him everything from enemies to even how to use melee, super and grenades etc I am sat laughing quite a few times.

If he enjoys it, he will get Forsaken but not sure if he is enjoying it yet.

I even deleted my warlock to run through it with him, although he is on a Titan.

We got to the "Hope" mission last night, the first mission on Titan and he died about 12 times by trying to jump from platform to platform, I might have to record some of it for youtube because it's just to funny at times.

The trip mines that the fallen use, I told him to go and stand in one of them and let it blow up, then told him he shouldn't do that as it can kill you, he was not impressed but I was sat giggling.

I hope he get's Forsaken although I might just buy it for him, so that I can show him the grind of trying to get to max level.

Hex likes this.
  17. Hex

Watching people kill themselves in Destiny is always great :D In the first game I loved that bit where we have to go get Cayde's secret stash and there's a Taken Phalanx that boops you off to your death if you don't know he's hiding in the doorway :lol:

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

We use to kill each other with sparrows and shoulder charge as well which was funny, and even pushing people off ledges.

Hex likes this.
  19. oscy

oscy Modder

No real point to any of that stuff though and it's all the same thing under different names ain't it?

Onto another game, and I await Destiny 3!

P.S. The Traveler is totally a construct of future bad guys and isn't friendly at all.

20. Hex

It's kind of the entire point of the game though!

Maybe D3 will be your thing, I dunno. It's not looking like it will be mine. I'm not into super hardcore having to play 8hrs a day or be unable to do anything and needing a spreadsheet open for all the RPG stuff...

---

The Black Armory is interesting so far. I managed to blast my way through to get to the first forge and then it laughed in my face as it matched me with 2 people below 600 and we failed miserably to do anything but die. Then I tried again and got 2 other 600s. Again. We just died until it timed out. Kind of annoying I can't even do the first bit to start getting Ada's bounties until I'm at least 615. I know Bungie have already made changes on the server-side to drop all Forge power requirements by 5, but I haven't had a chance to go back in yet and see if it's made much difference. I don't mind the grind and constantly having stuff to do, but it wasn't great finding myself locked out of even doing bounties or working towards anything without some serious powerful engram grinding. I did join an Escalation Protocol, fire a single bullet into an Ogre and get an exotic engram drop though. It was 607 Shards of Galanor, leaving just the Fr0st-EE5 remaining on my Hunter and I'll have all the class exotics \o/