1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Do you know an any awesome Documentaries?

Discussion in 'General' started by rainbowbridge, 25 May 2015.

1. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Dear Zachary has a very rough editing style. It's a very upsetting documentary. It's hard to say that it's good, really hard. Watchable, but hard to say it's good.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It maybe a documentary from over 40 years ago but that's probably what makes it even more worth watching in today's world than when it was first made, some people alive today, myself included, can only imagine what it's like when nations fight nations yet the The World at War, a 26-episode British television documentary series chronicling the events of the Second World War, is well worth anyone's time (imho).

There is a play list on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2015
  3. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

I agree with you Corky. I have the whole set of WaW. It really is the definitive WW2 documentary. I have regretted wasting tons of my hard earned cash on DVD bundles over the years but this set is worth every penny.

4. d_stilgar

Reviving this thread! I just rewatched this movie over the weekend with my wife.

God Grew Tired of Us
    It's the story of the lost boys of Sudan, who emigrated from their home country of Sudan during a violent civil war. 24,000 boys started the trek, and only 12,000 made it to Ethiopia where they lived as refugees for over 10 years. The boys more or less raise themselves and live somewhat like prisoners since they can't freely leave their refugee camp. Now adults several countries agree to take some of the boys. The United States takes a token few men. We follow their journey as they come to the U.S. and learn how to live here. I've never gotten such an eye-opening perspective. I was much younger when I first watched this, but it's still remarkable.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Can't believe it ain't been mentioned but Citizen Four is a must.

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hitting the Apex - new documentary following 6 MotoGP riders, quite long at over 2 hours but some amazing work done on it and thoroughly enjoyed it both times i have watched it since it was released

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

8. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just watched Citizenfour. Really liked it. The Nine Inch Nails soundtrack fits very well.

9. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Jamie Oliver does a great job of showing our Swedish food and culture in this documentary.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Just a shame it's Jamie Oliver, that guy really rubs me up the wrong way with his mockney.

11. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

I've had that on my HDD for a few years. Never got around to watching it, but I'll definitely will be checking it out soon.

I recently watched Stop At Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story. Insightful. What a horrible excuse for a human being.

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Watched a good Horizon on OCD the other night. Real OCD is frickin scary, I'll never claim to have any degree of ocd after watching this.

13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

14. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

If you like music history, you should watch Sound City. It's directed by Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters and is a fascinating look at the musical links between bands and the mixing desk of Sound City Studio.

Also in a similar vein, the Sonic Highways series. It show the process of meeting rich varied musicians and then getting together to record an album

But I'm a massive Foo Fighters fan, so I am probably biased :)

15. d_stilgar

I got about half way through tonight. Can you believe the ball on that guy? :D

16. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Been watching the David Attenborough series Africa recently.

Top bloke and as usual top viewing !

Mr Attenborough have some +rep.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've been watching The World At War off YouTube for the last few nights..

Dear God its good.

18. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

19. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Hahaha! It's pretty amazing to see how much kind of pull he had. Glad to see he was seen for what he really was in the end.

I've been watching World At War on the channel Yesterday. Wonderful stuff. Narrated by Laurence Olivier and with subtitles. Very very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

20. d_stilgar

I'm bumping this. Forgive me if you hate that. But has anyone seen anything good lately? I'm looking for something compelling to watch.